I'm not that worried about this game to be honest. I think Nebraska will be able to move the ball well both on the ground and through the air. Just because you were #1 against the run playing a bunch of pass oriented teams and a crowd of nobody's means very little to me.

Should be a great game. BYU was a Heisman-QB-candidate-injury away from a 10- (or even 11- or 12-) win season last year, and I expect they will light up a defense adjusting to a new scheme. Regardless of whether Pelini or Riley led our team onto the field, this game was going to be a challenge.

Our front 7 on defense will be weak and lack depth. I'm optimistic Riley's attacking scheme will help some, but the better teams on the schedule should be able to fend off our attacks. Our lack of depth means BYU's offense will open up holes in the defense by the 2nd half, and BYU will win by 10 points.

I am very optimistic for the Riley era, but this first season will not be a cake walk.

Should be a great game. BYU was a Heisman-QB-candidate-injury away from a 10- (or even 11- or 12-) win season last year, and I expect they will light up a defense adjusting to a new scheme. Regardless of whether Pelini or Riley led our team onto the field, this game was going to be a challenge.

Our front 7 on defense will be weak and lack depth. I'm optimistic Riley's attacking scheme will help some, but the better teams on the schedule should be able to fend off our attacks. Our lack of depth means BYU's offense will open up holes in the defense by the 2nd half, and BYU will win by 10 points.

I am very optimistic for the Riley era, but this first season will not be a cake walk.

And we also would have won 12 games if we played that joke of a schedule they had. What's your point? BYU is an average team at best with a decent schedule.

It's going to be interesting to see how this game unfolds. I can't wait. I've got to pick the Huskers to win it though.

Yes, BYU offense sounds legit. Their QB will be good again. Still, they won't have any film on our defense. They won't know what to expect. I put the money on our defensive line being disruptive enough for at least the first half, until BYU even has a grasp of what kind of defense Nebraska will be playing.

That's the tough thing about being the first team to play an opponenet with a new staff, and a far more talented team at that. Nebraska blows them away when it comes to roster talent.

Our secondary is deep and very talented. I don't think BYU's QB has faced a secondary as good as ours.

Nebraska's offense will be as big a question mark as anything going into this game. That again, could play in our favor if the boys are executing. BYU will have a hard time knowing what to expect. I think Riley has been around enough to know that he doesn't need to overcompicate the game plan headed into that first game. Just do what the guys have demonstrated the ability to do in the fall.

I also think there's an aspect of the overcomplication of Pelini's defenses that could be a huge help to the defense this year. I think the guys are going to not only pick up this new defense quickly, but they'll have fun doing so. Expect the Blackshirts to look fierce right out of the gate. (I hope so, anyways)

Besides, it's in our house. We got this.

• Fire 1