This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

It would be a real bummer. Maybe not catastrophic, for reasons others have pointed out further on in the thread.

But (here comes the sunshine and koolaid) it won't. Reilly isn't starting from scratch in terms of talent, and definitely not in terms of coaching experience.

Reilly's Husker debut will be a sound thrashing of BYU. Then the pundits will all rally around the "well, BYU is a second rate team, what did you expect" lament.

Who is this Reilly that you speak of?

Bill O'

This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

It would be a real bummer. Maybe not catastrophic, for reasons others have pointed out further on in the thread.

But (here comes the sunshine and koolaid) it won't. Reilly isn't starting from scratch in terms of talent, and definitely not in terms of coaching experience.

Reilly's Husker debut will be a sound thrashing of BYU. Then the pundits will all rally around the "well, BYU is a second rate team, what did you expect" lament.

Who is this Reilly that you speak of?

Jeez, I'm old and still mostly in sports hibernation mode...give me a break. :-)

This has night game potential or nah

idk why not, BYU is historically a decent program

Spent time in Pittsburg KS a few weeks back. I now have a full understanding of your AVI....those Gorillas are everywhere you look down there!

I am from Pittsburg KS also......have a few split face Gorilla logo items around. I was there when Dennis Franchione was the Pitt State coach and Jerry Kill was an assistant.

Spent time in Pittsburg KS a few weeks back. I now have a full understanding of your AVI....those Gorillas are everywhere you look down there!

Lol yea, the Gorilla football team is to Pittsburg what the Huskers are in Lincoln. A traditional powerhouse that captivates the community are gives them a sense of pride

I am from Pittsburg KS also......have a few split face Gorilla logo items around. I was there when Dennis Franchione was the Pitt State coach and Jerry Kill was an assistant.

My HS football coach played for Franchione and always talked about "Coach Fran". Mostly that he was a huge hard ass

My HS football coach played for Franchione and always talked about "Coach Fran". Mostly that he was a huge hard ass

How did your HS coach know the intimate details of his ass?

How did your HS coach know the intimate details of his ass?

Is it too soon to make a Sandusky/Penn State joke :ahhhhhhhh

• 3 weeks later...

we will thump BYU. why? we have game film to watch on them . they have nothing but a miss mash of old NU and OSU film. non of it will be what they see on game day. or at least this is my theory. I been wrong lots of times.

BYU has plenty of game film on Nebraska with a phone call. College coaches have connections to other coaches all over the country. Plus I believe BYU's coach is 2-1 versus Riley at Oregon State. Everyone that knows Riley well knows he lives and dies by the offense he runs. Since this is the offense they've won against in the past I don't see game preparation as an issue. I think this game comes down to special teams play.

I think he means that any film BYU can get won't be relevant to what we run under Riley. And we are not likely to resemble Riley's Beaver teams since our roster has a lot more talent, top to bottom. (Despite the number of players each team sent to the NFL this year.)