Late to the party but I agree with this. Based solely on talent alone, we should win 8 games no matter what.

Hell, athletically we were (almost) step for step with USC.

To counter this perception, Texas has gone 5-7 and 6-7 in the last 5 years with considerably more talent than we have, as one example. Also USC had less than 70 scholarship players.

• Fire 1

Late to the party but I agree with this. Based solely on talent alone, we should win 8 games no matter what.

To counter this perception, Texas has gone 5-7 and 6-7 in the last 5 years with considerably more talent than we have, as one example. Also USC had less than 70 scholarship players.

They may have had depth issues, but their two deep is loaded. Even with lesser scholarships, they still had higher ranked recruiting classes. And we held up well.

I believe USC played with closer to 55 scholarship players in that game. They started the season with 67 or so, before counting any transfers or redshirts.

They're going to be a monster when they get back up to the full 85.

• 1 month later...

WELL, JUST FOUND OUT MY SISTER IN LAW TO BE WANTS TO SCHEDULE HER f'ing WEDDING FOR SEPTEMBER 5TH! WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE IN 2016 BUT NOOOOOOOO! VENUE APPARENTLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN SCHEDULING A WEDDING! SO NOW I WILL LIKELY BE MISSING THE FIRST GAME OF MIKE RILEYS TENURE BECAUSE WHY NOT! IF THERE IS A JUST GOD HE WILL MAKE THIS A NIGHT GAME SO I CAN AT LEAST CATCH SOME OF IT AT THE RECEPTION!

Had to vent, now I think I will go cry.

WELL, JUST FOUND OUT MY SISTER IN LAW TO BE WANTS TO SCHEDULE HER f'ing WEDDING FOR SEPTEMBER 5TH! WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE IN 2016 BUT NOOOOOOOO! VENUE APPARENTLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN SCHEDULING A WEDDING! SO NOW I WILL LIKELY BE MISSING THE FIRST GAME OF MIKE RILEYS TENURE BECAUSE WHY NOT! IF THERE IS A JUST GOD HE WILL MAKE THIS A NIGHT GAME SO I CAN AT LEAST CATCH SOME OF IT AT THE RECEPTION!

Had to vent, now I think I will go cry.

You could try to break them up before the wedding. Then after the game if you feel guilty, convince them to give it another try.

This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

It would be a real bummer. Maybe not catastrophic, for reasons others have pointed out further on in the thread.

But (here comes the sunshine and koolaid) it won't. Reilly isn't starting from scratch in terms of talent, and definitely not in terms of coaching experience.

Reilly's Husker debut will be a sound thrashing of BYU. Then the pundits will all rally around the "well, BYU is a second rate team, what did you expect" lament.

This is a must win game. A loss would be catastrophic.

It would be a real bummer. Maybe not catastrophic, for reasons others have pointed out further on in the thread.

But (here comes the sunshine and koolaid) it won't. Reilly isn't starting from scratch in terms of talent, and definitely not in terms of coaching experience.

Reilly's Husker debut will be a sound thrashing of BYU. Then the pundits will all rally around the "well, BYU is a second rate team, what did you expect" lament.

Who is this Reilly that you speak of?