It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

Which team are you adjusting from?

Last year we scored a touchdown on one of our first two drives in 9 out of 13 games. In 2 of those 9 games we scored TDs on our first two drives plus 2 other games where we went TD-FG att. on the first two.

In 2 of the 4 games we didn't score a TD, we missed a FG and another game we made a FG.

So there were only one game where we did NOT score a TD or attempt a FG in the first two drives - Michigan State (both drives ended in MSU territory - one could have been a 48 yd FG att but we chose to punt instead). Other than the MSU game, we punted on 5 out of 24 possesions (12 games times 2 possessions). We also went for it on fourth down twice (once on the one yard line) but failed and threw an INT.

• Fire 3

It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

Which team are you adjusting from?

Last year we scored a touchdown on one of our first two drives in 9 out of 13 games. In 2 of those 9 games we scored TDs on our first two drives plus 2 other games where we went TD-FG att. on the first two.

In 2 of the 4 games we didn't score a TD, we missed a FG and another game we made a FG.

So there were only one game where we did NOT score a TD or attempt a FG in the first two drives - Michigan State (both drives ended in MSU territory - one could have been a 48 yd FG att but we chose to punt instead). Other than the MSU game, we punted on 5 out of 24 possesions (12 games times 2 possessions). We also went for it on fourth down twice (once on the one yard line) but failed and threw an INT.

So in other words......he clearly can't be talking about Nebraska. Lol.

From Jon Nayatawa's 1pm chat:

BYU definitely has the attention of the Huskers. Daniel Davie told us today that he's been watching game film of the BYU receivers since early July

Good. Watched the last two BYU/Texas games here in the past week, and if we don't bring our 'A' game, they'll beat us. They'll whoop us if we half-ass it.

The players have admitted to half-assing is in the past before. Just another example of the culture issues in the program, issues people surprisingly still try to debate. I really hope I never hear another Husker player in my life say they just didn't prepare right, they didn't take them seriously, or anything else like that. I also hope I never, ever see a coach here at Nebraska that allows something like that to be an issue on more than one occasion.

I love this line at -6.5

Love love love.

I'm not a wagering man. What does this mean? Who's favored in that line?

Nebraska is favored by 6.5. Anything under a 7 I love.

Because why?

I think this is a 28-21 type of game. I like the line being under that TD.

With that said I am a horrible better.

I think our offense is going to surprise some people this year. Defense will be fine too. Just not sure how quickly it all comes together. This game is going to be interesting. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't touch it or I wouldn't put much on the line. First games of the season are tough to bet when it's not just a cupcake team, and I don't think BYU is a cupcake.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

No team does it every single game.

It seemed like we improved in this area quite a bit last year compared to previous years, so Redux may be remembering it more as a whole. On that same token, hopefully this isn't the same team that comes out on fire for a drive or two at the beginning of the game, looking like they're going to roll, only to get rolled shortly there after.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

It seemed like we improved in this area quite a bit last year compared to previous years, so Redux may be remembering it more as a whole. On that same token, hopefully this isn't the same team that comes out on fire for a drive or two at the beginning of the game, looking like they're going to roll, only to get rolled shortly there after.

Yeah, I think Redux is remembering the Martinez years as much as anything. We were notoriously slow starters for a while.

Yeah, I think Redux is remembering the Martinez years as much as anything. We were notoriously slow starters for a while.

Or he's thinking of the defense. It seemed like we let almost every team score a touchdown on their first drive last year.

The only game that comes to mind where we actually came out and socked the other team in the mouth on play 1 during that era was then Washington game. Im sure there were others but thats the only one that always stood out to me.

Or he's thinking of the defense. It seemed like we let almost every team score a touchdown on their first drive last year.

Good point. Almost seemed at times we would surrender 7 points just to see how we should line up defensively. Guess game film was boring to watch.