Signed - WR J.D. Spielman

Had a great game again last night...I was there watching the game...the game was over at halftime and he had some unreal plays!

Hope the staff keeps him! I was skeptical at first after coaching against him last year, but he has made some great strides this year....no doubts now from me!

Nice to hear!

• 2 weeks later...

Big article up here in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune about Spielman all decked out in Husker gear ! He is N and living up here he was a favorite of the media on Friday night sports reports as he was a star for sure - basically an electrifying player by all acounts. Highlights looked super. He will fit in well in and looks great in red! Excellent kick and punt returner and played well on defense as well as RB. A virtual one man team and a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I can imagine he will remind of DPE. I can also imagine those standing back there awaiting punts and kick offs. I think we will have a whole bevy of explosive receivers that will present almost impossible to cover challenges. If our recruiting continues as it looks now, we will be able to put 5 DANGEROUS WRs and a gamebreaker RB out there with a QB that can and will get them the ball in space. We have the potential with present returnees and the recruits that are coming to have the absolute BEST 'skill' players in about 18 years!

We fill it the blanks at rush ends, a couple LBs, a couple big hogs up front and we will be ready to take on the Big Ten with confidence. I really think we are SO CLOSE to raking in those game breakers across the spectrum of positions where we can be almost impossible to defend. You can't double cover 4 WRs !

Big article up here in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune about Spielman all decked out in Husker gear ! He is N and living up here he was a favorite of the media on Friday night sports reports as he was a star for sure - basically an electrifying player by all acounts. Highlights looked super. He will fit in well in and looks great in red! Excellent kick and punt returner and played well on defense as well as RB. A virtual one man team and a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I can imagine he will remind of DPE. I can also imagine those standing back there awaiting punts and kick offs. I think we will have a whole bevy of explosive receivers that will present almost impossible to cover challenges. If our recruiting continues as it looks now, we will be able to put 5 DANGEROUS WRs and a gamebreaker RB out there with a QB that can and will get them the ball in space. We have the potential with present returnees and the recruits that are coming to have the absolute BEST 'skill' players in about 18 years!

We fill it the blanks at rush ends, a couple LBs, a couple big hogs up front and we will be ready to take on the Big Ten with confidence. I really think we are SO CLOSE to raking in those game breakers across the spectrum of positions where we can be almost impossible to defend. You can't double cover 4 WRs !

You COULD double cover 4 wrs technically

• Fire 1

He would be the "Do it all" player here and I don't see him RS. He will be the compliment in Riley's offense that will put defenses on their toes. Look for him on sweeps and in the slot. Also don't be surprised to see him get 5-10 carries a game. He's an obvious PR/KR but I think you leave the PR to Demornay if he comes back fully healthy. I do think he will be the answer to Nebraska's screen game woes as long as the accuracy and blocking is there.

He would be the "Do it all" player here and I don't see him RS. He will be the compliment in Riley's offense that will put defenses on their toes. Look for him on sweeps and in the slot. Also don't be surprised to see him get 5-10 carries a game. He's an obvious PR/KR but I think you leave the PR to Demornay if he comes back fully healthy. I do think he will be the answer to Nebraska's screen game woes as long as the accuracy and blocking is there.

So a poor mans version of Christian McCaffery?

Or the one and only J D Spielman

• Fire 1

He is more electric than McCaffery

He is more electric than McCaffery

hahahahahaha not so fast! That is quite the statement before ever playing a snap in college.

• Fire 2