Offense a work in progress

We have running backs for days.

I remember panicking when Rex graduated.

Remember we reserve the right to run it up the middle.

if you think back, you could see Rex coming........you could see Ameer coming.......i don't see anyone coming, just yet.
All of them.

All o' 'em

Olivem.

• Fire 1

I never even heard the Grobe rumor until 3-4 years after the fact.

same here. That's becuase it was Bo's job. it was Bo's job before Pedersen was even canned.
Agreed. The only other name I heard floating around was Gill, but it was generally understood that Bo was going to get the job.

I never even heard the Grobe rumor until 3-4 years after the fact.

same here. That's becuase it was Bo's job. it was Bo's job before Pedersen was even canned.
Agreed. The only other name I heard floating around was Gill, but it was generally understood that Bo was going to get the job.

Gill was a "feel good" interview. He was doing a nice job at Buffalo. He had played here. He had coached here. So we spoke with him briefly just so that, due to the circumstances at the time of the football program and AD, we put out this unifying sense that we were trying to "get back" or some sh#t. But he was never gonna be the guy either. Like has been said before. It was Bo's job for the taking probably before Pedersen was hired. And frankly, he most likely wasnt even Osborne's first choice himself.

We have running backs for days.

I remember panicking when Rex graduated.

Remember we reserve the right to run it up the middle.

if you think back, you could see Rex coming........you could see Ameer coming.......i don't see anyone coming, just yet.

you could see Rex coming because of the build up out of HS, you could see Ameer coming because Rex got hurt and he stepped in and stepped up and there was a lot of people figuring on Green or Hurd being the guy not AA, and the reason we don't see anyone coming is because we never really got the chance, cuz even with AA hurt our coaches never really gave another rb a chance to step up and be that guy. We have a lot of talent at RB and we will be fine. Somebody will emerge out of the group and be a stud. One thing about Bo and Co. they were really good at recruiting quality rbs

The thing is ALL of us were the reason Bo ended up here. The masses sang his name. He was our savior our return to dominance. We suck

And the winner. Thank you. I remember vividly his name being thrown and around and mentioned and clamored for during Big Red Reaction already following the Mizzouri 41-6 thumping. When it became even more clear/most clear/whatever that there was a problem and the end of the Callahan era was near. I remember multiple "Get Bo back here so we can have a defense again" and "shoulda hire Pelini 4 years ago and we wouldnt be in this mess right now" la dee dah. And of course, in a revisionist sense, I was one of them too. Is what it is. And a lot of higher ups with the pull apparently felt the same way.

The thing is ALL of us were the reason Bo ended up here. The masses sang his name. He was our savior our return to dominance. We suck

And the winner. Thank you. I remember vividly his name being thrown and around and mentioned and clamored for during Big Red Reaction already following the Mizzouri 41-6 thumping. When it became even more clear/most clear/whatever that there was a problem and the end of the Callahan era was near. I remember multiple "Get Bo back here so we can have a defense again" and "shoulda hire Pelini 4 years ago and we wouldnt be in this mess right now" la dee dah. And of course, in a revisionist sense, I was one of them too. Is what it is. And a lot of higher ups with the pull apparently felt the same way.

Sorry...I am gonna make a new thread for what I posted

There was probably some truth to that, we would not have been in the situation that Callahan left us in with Bo, and who knows, maybe Nebraska was more relevant then and he could have succeeded at a higher level during that time then he did here after fixing Callahan's mess. However we would probably have been in the same situation we are in now which is a whole lot better than we were in 7 years ago.

Bo may have not have been our savior but lets not forget that he did a lot to help get the program back on its feet and we shouldn't forget that either.

There was probably some truth to that, we would not have been in the situation that Callahan left us in with Bo, and who knows, maybe Nebraska was more relevant then and he could have succeeded at a higher level during that time then he did here after fixing Callahan's mess. However we would probably have been in the same situation we are in now which is a whole lot better than we were in 7 years ago.

Bo may have not have been our savior but lets not forget that he did a lot to help get the program back on its feet and we shouldn't forget that either.

Bo wasn't a terrible choice when he was hired. He was the hottest name in coordinators after his time at LSU. Nebraska had a sucky defense. It made sense at the time. There is really only one other coach that maybe had more success than Bo that was hired in 2008 and that is Art Briles.

And he pulled us from a 5-7 season to a 9-4 in one year. No one could have predicted that would be his ceiling.

• Fire 5

Bo wasn't a terrible choice when he was hired. He was the hottest name in coordinators after his time at LSU. Nebraska had a sucky defense. It made sense at the time. There is really only one other coach that maybe had more success than Bo that was hired in 2008 and that is Art Briles.

And he pulled us from a 5-7 season to a 9-4 in one year. No one could have predicted that would be his ceiling.

He did a nice job recovering from that 5-7 season. I agree the defense was horrible. They were soft and they quit. But I won't disregard the 9-4 season prior to it, including a first place finish in the Big 12 North & bowl game win. The year before that they went 8-4, finished second, and another bowl win. So right before the collapse occurred the Huskers they were 13-6 (.684%), with 2 bowl wins and did not lose by more than 18 points in that stretch (2006-2007).

I give Bo credit in lots of areas, but I don't think the Huskers were exactly unsalvageable. They were doing ok, but nothing spectacular, then they quit, fired a coach, and Bo got them to winning 70%. Is that not fair to say?

The main point is being missed. The number one thing that got Bo's name in the hat here is the fact that he was here in 2003. Ppl fell in love with his passion, wanted him as coach then, and he pretty much represented the anti-Pederson. He had the in-roads. Was here for one season and made pretty drastic improvements to a struggling defense. If Pelini's not here in 2003, he's never even a candidate in 2007.

• Fire 2

The main point is being missed. The number one thing that got Bo's name in the hat here is the fact that he was here in 2003. Ppl fell in love with his passion, wanted him as coach then, and he pretty much represented the anti-Pederson. He had the in-roads. Was here for one season and made pretty drastic improvements to a struggling defense. If Pelini's not here in 2003, he's never even a candidate in 2007.

Bingo, he knew the Nebraska Way because he was here for a single year. Little did We know he was the exact opposite of the Nebraska Way. He actually had a ton in common with Callahan in that aspect.

Riley is more Nebraska than either of the previous 2 regimes.

• Fire 3