Video Feature on Coach Cavanaugh

You're going to have to start keeping your discontent to one thread.

He's mad that people stopped believing what Pelini was selling AFTER 7 years of on the field data to work with so he wants to dismiss HCMR before even one game. Pelini didn't start getting any big time flak at all til the loss we took to Wisconsin in the 2012 B1G championship how we did.

Posters can keep bringing up Pelini all they like, but it's ignoring that Riley has much more than "7 years of on the field data".....and it's not impressive.

Just like you're ignoring a pretty salient to everyone but you aspect of HCMR and Co's record: their disadvantaged status at Oregon St vs their advantaged status at Nebraska. Pelini rarely pulled an upset over a team more talented than his. Riley did that on a consistent basis. Riley rarely lost to a team that was less talented than his whereas Pelini found a way to do that on a regular basis. Without a doubt, Oregon State played the role of giant killer more just like Nebraska played the slain giant more, which skews the numbers. Nevertheless, Riley is a proven winner at a place not accustomed to winning who now finds himself in a place that is accustomed to winning. Throw in the years of experience developing a coaching style and system, being a student of the game, and understanding that inflexible square pegs will never fit into round holes, all of these create a formula for success for Nebraska.

These guys are going to succeed. I have confidence that they will throw together a 11-3, 12-2 season next year. Couple that with the fact that Riley & Co are people parents would love their children to have as coaches, and we could have something special brewing in Lincoln once again.

Or it could be a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

There is a certainty; win or lose, this coaching staff will represent the University of Nebraska with the upmost dignity no matter where they go. This coaching staff is a staff that wants to see fans succeed along with the team, and is a staff that will be disappointed yet reflective and flexible rather than defiant in the face of adversity. This is a coaching staff that will manage the emotions of the game far better than the previous staff, and that emotion management will manifest itself in late game situations. Sure, the hothead can fire his team up to win the occasional big game, but the cool, collected yet motivating leader will get his team prepared to contest every major contest. Remember, the product most fans want to see is a competitive Husker team. If we lose, we lose, but dammit we were in it until the end. No more blowouts, no more national stage embarrassments. It's going to be a fun, exciting season, far more exciting than another year of Pelini and his coaching staff.

Sit back. Relax. Enjoy the ride.

Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.

• Fire 3

Just got around to watching this video. I love it that you hear these guys talk, and it's clear that it's not their first rodeo. It also clear that Cav appreciates that this Husker gig is the chance of a lifetime. Maybe now we'll have a line that behaves like it's coached by a guy with decades of experience from FBS and NFL. Rather than some former high school coaching retread. :thumbs

Guyz maybe if we saw some cool edited videos of the former staff we would think they were so cool too

Maybe if I made some cool edited videos of myself, you guys would think I'm cool!

Maybe if I released a profanity filled tirade of myself bagging on Husker fans you'd think I was cool!

No, wait. I guess it didn't work out like that for the last guy. LOL

Guyz maybe if we saw some cool edited videos of the former staff we would think they were so cool too

Maybe if I made some cool edited videos of myself, you guys would think I'm cool!

Maybe if I released a profanity filled tirade of myself bagging on Husker fans you'd think I was cool!

I'm sure TheSker would think you're cool

I'm sure TheSker would think you're cool

Not without TO's recomendation.

*crawls back under rock*

Posters can keep bringing up Pelini all they like, but it's ignoring that Riley has much more than "7 years of on the field data".....and it's not impressive.

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme to send this guy on a paid vacation away from Huskerboard until September. forever

FIFY

Banning NUPolo8 and his anti-Bo comments are so worth the trade off for this garbage.

Not sure if serious but I'll bit.

At least Polo could offer up compelling arguements for his viewpoints. This guys just nothing but "he's bad. TO loves Bo. bla"

Banning NUPolo8 and his anti-Bo comments are so worth the trade off for this garbage.

Not sure if serious but I'll bit.

At least Polo could offer up compelling arguements for his viewpoints. This guys just nothing but "he's bad. TO loves Bo. bla"

I'm serious. Polo brought a lot better posts on why he disliked Bo than what TheSker is spewing about Riley.