Looks like the strength coach is pushing the players hard

I'm not passing info along it was in the ljs.http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/huskers-like-early-results-under-new-strength-coach-philipp/article_c85a8647-1460-5953-8a8e-275ed936e144.html?mobile_touch=true

I will not even lower myself to the level of talking about injuries and saying Dobson wasn't hands on. Prove it or just don't talk about it imo. As far ad the article he says more mobility work and less power emphasis which translates to.me more cross fit bullsh#t less results from proven power lifting techniques . just my opinion. I would like them to say " wow my squat had went up 30 lbs" not "we ran more" imo

I'm not passing info along it was in the ljs.http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/huskers-like-early-results-under-new-strength-coach-philipp/article_c85a8647-1460-5953-8a8e-275ed936e144.html?mobile_touch=true

I will not even lower myself to the level of talking about injuries and saying Dobson wasn't hands on. Prove it or just don't talk about it imo. As far ad the article he says more mobility work and less power emphasis which translates to.me more cross fit bullsh#t less results from proven power lifting techniques . just my opinion. I would like them to say " wow my squat had went up 30 lbs" not "we ran more" imo

What good is strength if you can't get to your target? You need a balance of mobility as well in the world of sports. I see nothing wrong with doing more mobility work. 100% raw power will win you lifter of the year. Won't make you a great football player. Gerry needs his hip flexibility fixed. Improving fluidity etc will in turn allow better range of motion while lifting etc etc.

• Fire 1

The workout the players were all tweeting about friday is known as a metabolic circuit. Google it or look up some YouTube videos. This is exactly what they need to be doing during the offseason. These workouts build true "athletes", not just people who lift heavy weights. Big difference

100% raw power will win you lifter of the year. Won't make you a great football player.

1999 - Kyle Vanden Bosch, RE

2000 - Kyle Vanden Bosch, RE

2001 - Jon Dawson, OG

2002 - Demoine Adams, RE

2003 - Trevor Johnson, RE

2004 - Adam Carriker, DE

2005 - Seppo Evwaraye, OL

2006 - Brandon Rigoni, DB

2007 - Ty Steinkuhler, DT

2008 - Matt Slauson, OG

Ndamukong Suh, DT

2009 - Jared Crick, DT

2010 - Rex Burkhead, IB

2011 - Rex Burkhead, IB

Lavonte David, LB

2012 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

Justin Jackson, C

2013 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

2014 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

Some great football players on that list.

100% raw power will win you lifter of the year. Won't make you a great football player.

1999 - Kyle Vanden Bosch, RE

2000 - Kyle Vanden Bosch, RE

2001 - Jon Dawson, OG

2002 - Demoine Adams, RE

2003 - Trevor Johnson, RE

2004 - Adam Carriker, DE

2005 - Seppo Evwaraye, OL

2006 - Brandon Rigoni, DB

2007 - Ty Steinkuhler, DT

2008 - Matt Slauson, OG

Ndamukong Suh, DT

2009 - Jared Crick, DT

2010 - Rex Burkhead, IB

2011 - Rex Burkhead, IB

Lavonte David, LB

2012 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

Justin Jackson, C

2013 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

2014 - Ameer Abdullah, IB

Some great football players on that list.

I know that Nebraska awards lifter of the year based on a lot more criteria than just "raw power". I'd bet Hedley knows this as well. But in general, I understand the point Hedley is making. Just Showing up and squatting and cleaning for 3 hours a day wont get you a Natty.

Eh I disagree. Until I have side by side year to year comparisons I can't really say they have become bigger faster or stronger. Just my opinion. Gbr93 google linear progression and how to add serious muscle and get back to be. It will not include running more. Hate to hurt your feelings.

Eh I disagree. Until I have side by side year to year comparisons I can't really say they have become bigger faster or stronger. Just my opinion. Gbr93 google linear progression and how to add serious muscle and get back to be. It will not include running more. Hate to hurt your feelings.

There is no "perfect workout". People and their bodies are all different, and even the same person will have a body that changes over time. To claim "linear progression" or "metabolic circuit" or "jumping jacks" is the "best" way to do something that varies from body to body is pretty silly.

I just watched the BTN broadcast of the Spring Game, and Damon Benning and the other guy were saying the coaches want road-grader types on the O Line. That doesn't sound like we're solely focusing on agility to the detriment of strength. That's me just passing info, so I'm not trying to contradict anyone.

To me, the prototype for O Line has to be Wisconsin. Whatever they're doing, however they're recruiting that line, we need to duplicate it, if not surpass it. Their lines are amazing year in and year out.

• Fire 1

I'm just here to say dobson on paper is light years ahead more qualified for the position. And with the little information I have I.e the article I linked and the recent workout. I see no reason to run the boys like that and I would prefer a more power base off season that "mobility". That's my opinion.

I think the issues with our Oline lately have been more schematic and the teaching of such schematic than anything. When you look at Wisconsins Oline, yeah theyre huge, as is every other great oline. But man, they just work so well together as a 5 man team. Whether it be zone schemes, traps, etc. theyre so fluid in everything they do and nothing catches them off guard. And that comes with a mentality and a swagger, and NOT turning guys loose on inside gaps and starting every drive with a false start.

Does our Oline need to be a little bigger, stronger, quicker etc? Sure. It'd never hurt. I just dont think it's the most pressing issue right now with that unit. Good solid fundamental football and doing on a consistent basis is first and foremost. You dont have to run guys over to get the job done these days. In this day of spread out fast paced football, and playing in space, really the main thing you need to do is determine your job and get in someones way.

I'm just here to say dobson on paper is light years ahead more qualified for the position. And with the little information I have I.e the article I linked and the recent workout. I see no reason to run the boys like that and I would prefer a more power base off season that "mobility". That's my opinion.

You should go check the Kevin Williams quote on differences between Dobson and Phillip. Should make you LOL.