Ron Brown to Liberty (FCS)

Look, my comment was not meant to bash LBGT efforts for acceptance. It's just some of the names of these groups and councils and the fact that they're treated as being so important. It's probably just me being a dick but don't people have better things to do? I guess I come off a little callous because I already accept these people and I just feel many of these things hold back their cause and treat them as being unequal. If everyone would ignore the differences, there wouldn't be the need to recognize differences....I guess that's where I'm at with it.

And you can spare me the lecture about how they are still discriminated against. I realize there are still people that just don't get it. I just happen to be for ignoring them rather than empowering their narrow mindedness by having to address it. Surely aren't those people in the minority today?

I agree with all of the above. If sexual preference shouldn't matter, then we shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

The only problem is, we're not there yet.

Close. But not yet.

I was disappointed in Ron Brown when he followed Bo to Youngstown. In my view, that amounted to a sort of endorsement of Pelini's actions...as Pelini basically tried to burn the place down on his way out the door. I found it hypocritical that Brown preaches Christian values and then turns a blind eye toward Pelini's deplorable behavior. I'm a fan of Coach Brown, but found that choice to be inexplicable and indefensible.

How do you know he turned a blind eye? You're putting RB on a pedestal that is unjust. What does Christian values have to do with Pelini deplorable behavior and his decision to coach under him? Also, Why is it bad for him to coach under Bo at a program that would allow him to speak his mind, but it's not even worth mentioning that a university, that you follow, shut him up because he is an outspoken Christian? The same one that allows professors to preach their agnostic, atheist, etc. views on students?
Do you recall Coach Brown publicly disagreeing with the way Bo conducted himself? Me neither.

There's nothing wrong with asking why a preacher's actions are completely inconsistent with what he claims to believe. Pelini is a psychotic douchebag who tried to burn the place down on his way out of town. Rather than objecting to that and distancing himself from Pelini, Brown talked about what a great and loyal guy he is and followed him to his next gig. In my view that makes Coach Brown a complete hypocrite. I like the guy...but it is what it is.

Haha burning the place down is a pretty out there suggestion. What action did RB make that he's not following?

I guess I don't agree and even understand why RB should make any comment publicly in regards to Bo, but he did, and he addressed your exact thought in his interview with Sipple when it was announced he'd be following Bo. For someone who was in the middle of the fallout and being fired himself, and not wanted at the university he coached at for nearly 24 years, I'm going to guess there is much more to behind the scenes than any of us are privvy too. And by your logic, everybody is a hypocrite for the company they keep.

I was disappointed in Ron Brown when he followed Bo to Youngstown. In my view, that amounted to a sort of endorsement of Pelini's actions...as Pelini basically tried to burn the place down on his way out the door. I found it hypocritical that Brown preaches Christian values and then turns a blind eye toward Pelini's deplorable behavior. I'm a fan of Coach Brown, but found that choice to be inexplicable and indefensible.

How do you know he turned a blind eye? You're putting RB on a pedestal that is unjust. What does Christian values have to do with Pelini deplorable behavior and his decision to coach under him? Also, Why is it bad for him to coach under Bo at a program that would allow him to speak his mind, but it's not even worth mentioning that a university, that you follow, shut him up because he is an outspoken Christian? The same one that allows professors to preach their agnostic, atheist, etc. views on students?
Do you recall Coach Brown publicly disagreeing with the way Bo conducted himself? Me neither.

There's nothing wrong with asking why a preacher's actions are completely inconsistent with what he claims to believe. Pelini is a psychotic douchebag who tried to burn the place down on his way out of town. Rather than objecting to that and distancing himself from Pelini, Brown talked about what a great and loyal guy he is and followed him to his next gig. In my view that makes Coach Brown a complete hypocrite. I like the guy...but it is what it is.

Haha burning the place down is a pretty out there suggestion. What action did RB make that he's not following?

I guess I don't agree and even understand why RB should make any comment publicly in regards to Bo, but he did, and he addressed your exact thought in his interview with Sipple when it was announced he'd be following Bo. For someone who was in the middle of the fallout and being fired himself, and not wanted at the university he coached at for nearly 24 years, I'm going to guess there is much more to behind the scenes than any of us are privvy too. And by your logic, everybody is a hypocrite for the company they keep.

Do you consider Bo's actions to be consistent with the values that Coach Brown preaches about and claims to espouse?

Do you consider Bo's actions to be consistent with the values that Coach Brown preaches about and claims to espouse?

But Brown did not hire Bo, it was the other way around. Brown didn't need to approve of Bo. He may have felt he could help influence him for the better, though. Or maybe he just wanted to keep working in football and that was his opportunity at the time.

But Brown did not hire Bo, it was the other way around. Brown didn't need to approve of Bo. He may have felt he could help influence him for the better, though. Or maybe he just wanted to keep working in football and that was his opportunity at the time.

This^^ It may be just as simple as it being RB's best opportunity to stay in football at the time. And as we know now, he apparently was interested in moving on from Pelini at the soonest opportunity.

What the hell does QIA stand for?

Queer, Intersex, Asexual.

¯\(°_o)/¯[/size]
Ok, I have to ask, at the risk of opening myself up for more deserved abuse.

1- Is that really what QIA stands for?

2- if it is, how does "queer" differ from the other 6 letters represented?

3- WTF does intersex mean?

4- Do we really have people who identify with being asexual? I thought that was some kind of organism that multiplied without having sex. Are there people who can do that?

Nvm, I looked it up.

Q is for questioning

I is intersexed (aka hermaphrodite)

A is ally

Thanks for the misinformation LoMS.

Traditionally, the QIA stand for what I said, but there is no 'official' definition.

L - lesbian - female sexually/romantically attracted to females

G - gay - male sexually/romantically attracted to males

B - bisexual - sexually/romantically attracted to both sexes

T - transgender - member of a gender other than what is expected of their anatomical sex

Q - queer - umbrella term for anything that doesn't adhere to heterosexual/cisgender norms

I - intersex - physical/anatomical sex does not categorize as exclusively male or female

A - asexual - someone not attracted to anyone

A - ally - heterosexual/cisgender person that is a friend of the cause

There are plenty of people who identify as asexual. I am friends with a number of asexual people. Whether you think Q stands for queer or for questioning, they essentially mean the same thing, which is someone who doesn't fit into sexual/gender categories that our society considers default and normal.

holy **** i never thought i'd see cis or cis gendered on a ****ing football forum. seriously, the tumblr language needs to go back to tumblr with all the other special little snowflakes.

next are your going to tell us about the importance of xir, xirs, xirself? or hey if we are including that, can we include demi sexual deamon dragonkin? and all that other otherkin bs? because if so, i hope to god a asteroid hits this planet for we no longer deserve it.

Look, my comment was not meant to bash LBGT efforts for acceptance. It's just some of the names of these groups and councils and the fact that they're treated as being so important. It's probably just me being a dick but don't people have better things to do? I guess I come off a little callous because I already accept these people and I just feel many of these things hold back their cause and treat them as being unequal. If everyone would ignore the differences, there wouldn't be the need to recognize differences....I guess that's where I'm at with it.

And you can spare me the lecture about how they are still discriminated against. I realize there are still people that just don't get it. I just happen to be for ignoring them rather than empowering their narrow mindedness by having to address it. Surely aren't those people in the minority today?

I agree with all of the above. If sexual preference shouldn't matter, then we shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

Close. But not yet.

as long as we keep bringing it up, it will be a big deal, and people don't understand that.

Close. But not yet.

as long as we keep bringing it up, it will be a big deal, and people don't understand that.

Keeping it in the closet is worse, and it's actually not your decision.

• Fire 3

¯\(°_o)/¯[/size]

4- Do we really have people who identify with being asexual? I thought that was some kind of organism that multiplied without having sex. Are there people who can do that?

Nvm, I looked it up.

Q is for questioning

A is ally

Traditionally, the QIA stand for what I said, but there is no 'official' definition.

T - transgender - member of a gender other than what is expected of their anatomical sex

Q - queer - umbrella term for anything that doesn't adhere to heterosexual/cisgender norms

I - intersex - physical/anatomical sex does not categorize as exclusively male or female

There are plenty of people who identify as asexual. I am friends with a number of asexual people. Whether you think Q stands for queer or for questioning, they essentially mean the same thing, which is someone who doesn't fit into sexual/gender categories that our society considers default and normal.

holy **** i never thought i'd see cis or cis gendered on a ****ing football forum. seriously, the tumblr language needs to go back to tumblr with all the other special little snowflakes.

next are your going to tell us about the importance of xir, xirs, xirself? or hey if we are including that, can we include demi sexual deamon dragonkin? and all that other otherkin bs? because if so, i hope to god a asteroid hits this planet for we no longer deserve it.

Alright. Replace every instance that I typed cisgender with non-trans and then hopefully quit humiliating yourself as a bigot.

• Fire 4

Close. But not yet.

swing and a miss, that's not what i meant and you bloody know it, i don't see the point of bringing up someones races or sexual orientation or percieved gender because it DOESN'T BLOODY MATTER, you treat everyone the bloody same.

¯\(°_o)/¯[/size]

Nvm, I looked it up.

Q is for questioning

A is ally

Alright. Replace every instance that I typed cisgender with non-trans and then hopefully quit humiliating yourself as a bigot.

Bigot = knowing that in most cases calling someone cis or cis gendered is an insult, now the actual question is, what did i say that was being a bigot?

Close. But not yet.

swing and a miss, that's not what i meant and you bloody know it, i don't see the point of bringing up someones races or sexual orientation or percieved gender because it DOESN'T BLOODY MATTER, you treat everyone the bloody same.
It shouldn't matter, but since people are being mistreated, it does. The problem isn't that people talk about the problem. The problem is the problem. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
  • Fire 1