OT Foster Sarell [Stanford - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We need this guy so bad. Start him Day #1 and never care if he struggles that first year. You can't find 5* talent everywhere and we need to do something to change the tide.

Couldn't struggle any more than Gates has at LT. Bad news is Gates is the best lineman we have that played at all

:facepalm:

no

Gates is not a LT. Hes a damn good RT.

• Fire 1

We need this guy so bad. Start him Day #1 and never care if he struggles that first year. You can't find 5* talent everywhere and we need to do something to change the tide.

Couldn't struggle any more than Gates has at LT. Bad news is Gates is the best lineman we have that played at all

no

Gates has been pretty solid but Barnett made him look like a child in the bowl game, where he was playing LT. Back on topic, it would be awesome to see a player of Sarell's caliber on the other side of the line but I'm not holding my breath.

• Fire 1

no

Gates has been pretty solid but Barnett made him look like a child in the bowl game, where he was playing LT. Back on topic, it would be awesome to see a player of Sarell's caliber on the other side of the line but I'm not holding my breath.
Barnett made a lot of good tackles who were asked to take him 1v1 look like a child over the last 3 years.

no

Barnett made a lot of good tackles who were asked to take him 1v1 look like a child over the last 3 years.

No argument here. Barnett will be one of the best, if not the best, DE in the draft. I will say that Gates let him by with very little effort on far too many plays though.

no

No argument here. Barnett will be one of the best, if not the best, DE in the draft. I will say that Gates let him by with very little effort on far too many plays though.

Suh went up against some very good O linemen and made them look silly. It didn't mean those O linemen were bad/average/sucked. It just meant Suh was an absolute stud. That's what I saw with Barnett.

• Fire 1

no

Suh went up against some very good O linemen and made them look silly. It didn't mean those O linemen were bad/average/sucked. It just meant Suh was an absolute stud. That's what I saw with Barnett.

I'm not bagging on Gates, I think he's going to be very good by the time he's done here. And I agree Barnett is a stud but Gates did not play well at all. I think he's a much better player than what he showed against Barnett.

• Fire 1

This is kind of where I'm at. We're still struggling trying to fill the massive hole Bo left at OL and injuries killed us this year.

Really glad Utter is gone. He's a true Husker and I'll always appreciate what he gave for the team, but I just never thought he was any good.

Good news is we've got tons of young talent IF they can get them to progress. We need to find some tackles pretty badly, though. Only tackles I see after next years seniors graduate are Gates, Farniok, and Gaylord.