***2018 Recruiting***

Just now, Warrior10 said:

That ship has sailed. It was starting to sail even when everything was peachy in June.

Not necessarily what I've been hearing but it's all likely just wishful rumors. Either way, a lot will happen between now and Feb 2nd on the recruiting front. It will be fun to follow.

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

That ship has sailed. It was starting to sail even when everything was peachy in June.

I wonder if the wimpy Diaco defense and cornerback play style had a hand in him cooling from Nebraska. Maybe the right DC could sway him back. He at least enjoyed his time in Lincoln and has some draw to UNL (albeit Riley was a huge factor)

It sounds like our staff pressured Bookie into committing before he was truly ready. I honestly don’t think it was the worst thing, his commitment helped us secure a number of visits and commits that we may not have otherwise had. But yeah, I think he had been second guessing it before summer.

Obviously it doesn’t matter as much now, since the season went poorly and we had to fire our coach. But it really helped get rid of some of that “it’s all corn!” perception by getting big name recruits on campus who got to soak in all of the incredible environment. I don’t think our chances with him are over yet though.