Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Nike does way to much neon and crazy stuff with their uniforms. Yes, the duct tape numbers were bad, but Nike did the gold numbers on a white uniform for FSU. Plus Oregon. Their uniforms are just... awful. Only ones that look good are the yellow and green throwbacks.

Nike will go as plain/oldschool/traditional as a client prefers (See USC and Alabama). Phil Knight uses Oregon athletics as a test bed for new materials, designs, and concepts as this is the arrangement he and his company have with the school. This is why Oregon rarely uses the same uniform more than twice.

I used to think that was a good selling point of the program but I can see how athletes wouldn't like that either....

Nike does way to much neon and crazy stuff with their uniforms. Yes, the duct tape numbers were bad, but Nike did the gold numbers on a white uniform for FSU. Plus Oregon. Their uniforms are just... awful. Only ones that look good are the yellow and green throwbacks.

Nike will go as plain/oldschool/traditional as a client prefers (See USC and Alabama). Phil Knight uses Oregon athletics as a test bed for new materials, designs, and concepts as this is the arrangement he and his company have with the school. This is why Oregon rarely uses the same uniform more than twice.

I used to think that was a good selling point of the program but I can see how athletes wouldn't like that either....
Eh I don't know. The uniforms themselves don't change, material or sewing wise, so the fit and feel should be the same. As long as players don't mind looking a little outrageous here and there I don't think that they'd mind.

Did anyone besides me at the Oregon game notice the Duck fans wearing jerseys?

I saw one decent one with a diamond plate pattern on the shoulder... The rest looked like they were made of that plastic looking crap halloween costumes are made of.

No thanks.

I wasn't at the game. However, I did notice our uniforms made theirs look like they were thrown together and mixed and matched at the goodwill store.

Did anyone besides me at the Oregon game notice the Duck fans wearing jerseys?

I saw one decent one with a diamond plate pattern on the shoulder... The rest looked like they were made of that plastic looking crap halloween costumes are made of.

No thanks.

That's interesting, because I spent all of Friday night and Saturday remarking about how their fan gear looks like it's made of such a better quality than most Nebraska stuff I see :shrug:

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd still prefer Nike, but Adidas has definitely improved as of late.

I've cooled on Under Armor since Wisconsin has already made the switch.

As long as we are their TOP program and reap all the benefits that come with that.

Anyone remember this commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTHdCajEcU

If you could pinpoint what I dislike about Adidas, this would be it.

I understand the hype around A&M, but we helped make Adidas what they are today in college football.

We deserve better than A&M, Miami, and UCLA in that regard.

• Fire 1