Breakout player

It'd be interesting to see one of the true freshmen in the LB/DE group join the mix. They may not set the world on fire, but could easily be in the position DPE is this year.

At QB, I'm not counting out A.J. Bush. If Tommy struggles, I think they turn to him.

Don't ask me why. Don't ask me how. As I know very little about the kid, and where his place is on the depth chart, and his coaches feelings about him. But I have a good feeling about Mikale Wilbon.

Either I'm an idiot who should be kicked off Huskerboard for even suggesting him, or I'm a genius for seeing something in him...

My money is on the former being true, but I'm hopeful for the latter. In either case, don't kick me off here...

I'll go out on a limb and throw out Imani Cross. I guess it's more of who I'd like to see vs who it will be. Imani has just quietly done what's been asked and appears to be a leader with his work ethic. I'd also really like to see Alex Lewis step up. We have missed that vocal punishing leader on the OL. Regardless of what Riley does, or how TA plays is the key OL. They play like last year, without AA, we are in a bind.

I think Newby on offense and Rose on D.

• Fire 1