Which Husker away games have you attended?

Trying to get a feel for what people think of other places within the conference. These are the ones I have visited.

1. Northwestern: Lots of fun, we did the Blur Party Tailgate that was set up on a golf course pretty close to the stadium. Plus, you had the Chicago area that was packed with fans.

2. Minnesota: Thought it was boring. Really spread out. We stopped at Stub and Herbs which was fun but lots of people were like "Oh yeah, stop at the Buffalo Wild Wings for some partying" ummm, okay.

3. Wisconsin: Lots of fun and the bars are flat out packed on game day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering about Purdue, I hear mixed things about it. I know they have some tradition of hitting the bars early wearing their PJ's. I had one friend that went and he said it was pretty boring.

MSU, I love the campus but have not been for a football game. How was it if you went?

PSU: I hear it is just a horrible scene for visitors

Michigan: Don't know much about their bar/tailgating scene at all

Illinois: That is our trip this year. I know the tailgating is bad but that it could be better, they opened up a new area called the Grange Grove. I know the bars are a big thing on game day.

Indiana: We never play them so I am guessing no one has been.

MD/Rutgers: No clue

Iowa: Have not been but I hear they do a great job tailgating, no idea about the bars.

If you have been to any, chime in, I would love to know your thoughts.

Only PSU for confrence games. It was the game after the Sandusky scandal, there fans werent very friendly toward my girlfriend and I to put it nicely. I think there was just a lot of mixed emotions going on after the news. Huge stadium, loud student section, in the middle of nowhere

The Iowa bars weren't bad. The bathroom at the Blue Moose was one of the worst smelling places I've ever been. Not surprising that it's in Iowa. They also have the seatless, stainless steel prison shitters. Open on Thanksgiving night though so that was a plus. Sports Column has pretty good breakfast. It was too cold two years ago to tailgate for me.

I've also been to Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Going to Rutgers this year.

In the B1G I've been to NW and Purdue. NW was awesome because of Chicago. Purdue was fun. Campus was huge for a small town. Gameday atmosphere was meh. Stadium was a little more than half full and a lot of red. only had 3 bars on their main strip that were ok but packed because of that reason. Not a bad trip but wouldn't care to go back. Going to MN this year. Going to the vikings Chiefs on Sunday as well.

Northwestern a couple years ago. Small, crappy stadium. Smallish fanbase--nearly as much red in the seats as purple. But the NW fans who were there were mostly nice. I didn't do any tailgating so I can't really comment on that. Chicago is a great city to visit. The NW marching band held a 30 minute concert after the game while traffic died down.

In conference I have been to:

1. Ohio state, huge crowds, mostly friendly, great bar scene, and full stadium.

2. Penn state, middle of no where, but huge following and a huge tail gate, didn't do any bar stuff but I am sure they have a decent selection. Been 2 x once right after paterno was fired, and 2 seasons ago and it was freezing, but the fans are rock solid and have never had a negative experience so far. Lots of fun.

3. Wisconsin: awesome college town, awesome bars, awesome game day experience, except the fans were rude and unfriendly. Now also had some great experiences with most fans, but sadly that 25% defineatly soured the expierence. And if you go beer in a boot is a must and the cheese curds are unreal. Bonus they have an awesome farmers market around the capital building that's top notch.

4. Maryland: home state stadium, nice and close to 3 very cool cities, DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. Lots of airports to come into, and hotels a plenty. Because of that there are lots of things to see and do. Tailgating is pretty good considering the lack of football history for success, probably will be packed for a nebraska game due to itial excitement, small stadium and lots of east coast skers fans.

5. Rutgers, tbd this year. Will let you know.

Wisconsin for the current conference, would like to go to others (one money isn't an issue). In the Big XII I went to Kansas, Missouri (lost twice), Iowa State, Won once (ot in 2010) (lost twice including on my birthday) and a Big XII title game in 2006. Hopefully will make it to a Big Ten Title game.

Went to Colorado...but it was for an Oregon game.

The Colorado fans we ran into and there were many of them all kept saying "take it easy on us, we're not very good" or the guy in front of my wife and I was a season ticket holder (Row 6 in locker room side end zone) he said he leaves at half time all the time because Colorado is so bad.