"Let's bring Nebraska back." - Bill Snyder

Oklahoma, internally, with their administration, would join the B1G today if they could.

What makes you think that? I'm just curious is all.

I'm not interested in going back to the Big XII at this point. I've had several Big XII fans run their mouths about how we were traitors, which they refuse to acknowledge that we were screwed over by the Big XII even after listening to the facts of the situation. I'm much happier in the B1G at this point outside of the Iowa rivalry trying to be forced down our throats. At this point it seems Wisconsin will become our rival, but I still HATE Iowa fans.

Oklahoma, internally, with their administration, would join the B1G today if they could.

They want out of their current situation, so they're trying as best as possible to not ruffle Big XII feathers by calling for expansion, but everyone knows that isn't going to happen, and they're essentially in the same position we were 5 years ago.

They've been working hard on their academics the last few years, because that's what doesn't make them a great candidate.

They want out of their current situation, so they're trying as best as possible to not ruffle Big XII feathers by calling for expansion, but everyone knows that isn't going to happen, and they're essentially in the same position we were 5 years ago.

They've been working hard on their academics the last few years, because that's what doesn't make them a great candidate.

I'd love for it to happen, I just don't know if I believe it would ever happen. Next to Texas, OU is huge for the Big XII. I doubt they would let them leave, they'd probably figure out a way to make them happy.

Hmmm, wouldn't have a huge prob w it, come to think of it.

Mizzou is gone, CU is gone(most hated 'rivals' not named Tejas), so there's no fun in returning there. The thought of playing Tejas on a semi regular basis again is still disgusting, though C. Strong makes it a bit more palatable. The B12 is mostly a conference of TX teams and OU/OSPokes--i.e, The South(bleh)--and OU is the only team I would really like to play regularly again and probably throw KSU in there too.

The B1G West is pretty lame(even though we're the 3rd best team, lol), wouldn't miss it at all. Actually don't give a damn about the other B1G teams either, except I kind of like Sparty. I actually don't really care, lol, but it's not going to happen anytime soon, or ever, so a moot point.

I just want us to win something, anything, get back in the national hunt.

(Thanks for thinking of us Coach Snyder!)

Interesting perspective from an NU alum who is a professor at another B1G school: It's kind of long but worth the read.

“Those of us my age (one of my first memory of sports is the crushing 1964 loss in Norman that broke our 16-game winning streak) do miss the games with our neighbors, and particularly rue the demise of the Oklahoma contests, but time passes, and in another decade the Big Eight will be but a distant memory of grandparents and the idea of Nebraska in a conference other than the Big Ten will sound absurd. Yes, there are a number of less-than-inspiring conference games (last year's home conference schedule of Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota was particularly lackluster, but then we have no right to complain if we fail to win them all!), but that will be the case in any conference.

“We very much do like the Big Ten Network, and the collegiality and stability of the Big Ten is an enormous improvement (although my alma mater is not blameless on these issues regarding the Big 12). If you asked the fans to vote whether to return to the Big 12 or stay in the Big Ten, my sense is that an overwhelming majority would support the Big Ten, and the Big 12 fraction will dwindle yearly.
“I realize that you write a sports column and most of your readers don't consider academics to play any role in these matters, but let me describe my evaluation of Nebraska's move and the crucial role that academics played in their decision. A popular question in the realignment discussion is ‘Who was the biggest winner in this process? Was it A&M, Rutgers or TCU?’ In my mind, the undisputed winner was Nebraska, and it is not even close.
“Let us recall Nebraska's situation in November 2009. I have a high regard for my alma mater and am grateful for the education I received, but by any objective standard the future was bleak. While the state was not severely affected by the Great Recession, the demographic projections were of a slow, steady decline with respect to the rest of the nation. The university was one of the earliest members of the AAU (the prestigious American Association of Universities), but this status was in grave danger, as the university had been warned earlier in the decade that they faced expulsion unless radical improvements were made (this situation could have been largely remedied if they had slightly revised their administrative structure to allow the medical school research to be attached to the Lincoln campus, but to my astonishment they refused to do so!). The one aspect of UNL that had national recognition, their football team, had experienced nearly a decade of mediocrity, and while the new football coach had made us competitive on the conference level, only the most starry-eyed Cornhusker fan could dream of the return to the glory days of being an annual challenger for national honors; the best we could hope for was to be an Iowa or Missouri. I envisioned only a greatly diminished future for all aspects of the university.

NewsOK

• Fire 1

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

They should be scheduling 3 P5 schools on top of a 9 game conference schedule and that should be the standard for all P5 conferences.

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

Yeah, because scheduling 2 Power 5 schools on top of a 9 game B1G schedule makes a lot of sense.

They should be scheduling 3 P5 schools on top of a 9 game conference schedule and that should be the standard for all P5 conferences.

That is just never going to happen

Never say never.

I wish people would be somewhat realistic in their pipe dreams.

I wish people would be somewhat realistic in their pipe dreams.

What pipe dreams?