Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini and the Confederate Battle Flag

Some people seem to think that the complete banishment of the Confederate battle flag will alter history and end racism as we know it forever and always

Using that same logic, we should begin a movement to ban all images of Bill Callahan and Bo Pelini from NU web sites in hopes that history might be altered there as well

The same logic could be applied if we had images of Bo Pelini/Bill Callahan in full view of the fan base in public places. For the most part, public images of those men have been removed, save from more secluded areas like restaurants and homes.

Well first of all, nobody thinks "banishing the confederate battle flag" is going to end racism.

So....I couldn't get past that point to take the rest of the post seriously.

firstly, if you really believe that, then you underestimate the intelligence of some liberals

secondly the p\OP was SARCASM

Well first of all, nobody thinks "banishing the confederate battle flag" is going to end racism.

firstly, if you really believe that, then you underestimate the intelligence of some liberals

I think you meant "over"estimate.

But, I'm just a stupid liberal that doesn't think removing ONE flag from a state capital's grounds will end racism...

It does seem like there's a large number of people who actually think the flag has been outlawed, which is hilarious in itself.

I agree. I have FB "friends" from my home town in northeast Nebraska who act like they are leading a revolution by hanging the flag in their front windows. They feel as if they are "standing their ground" against the government taking away their rights to interior decorate as they wish. I don't know if I should tell them they still have the same right to fly the confederate flag now as they did before, or to let them know the history of Nebraska and the civil war. I don't think they want to hear either...

• Fire 1

Ummmm....no, nobody is saying just taking down that flag is all of a sudden going to stop racism. And, even if you can find someone that said that, it would be such an extreme minority that they should be ignored.

It does seem like there's a large number of people who actually think the flag has been outlawed, which is hilarious in itself.

Hey...they are outlawing the confederate flag. If you don't believe me, just check out my Facebook friend's posts.

That, and Walmart is a strong supporter of ISIS birthday parties :)

You underestimate the collective board understanding that already knew your thread was sarcasm, but still concluded that it was garbage.

Take your political bullsh#t to the Political Bullsh#t forum.

• Fire 3