Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini and the Confederate Battle Flag

It does seem like there's a large number of people who actually think the flag has been outlawed, which is hilarious in itself.

I agree. I have FB "friends" from my home town in northeast Nebraska who act like they are leading a revolution by hanging the flag in their front windows. They feel as if they are "standing their ground" against the government taking away their rights to interior decorate as they wish. I don't know if I should tell them they still have the same right to fly the confederate flag now as they did before, or to let them know the history of Nebraska and the civil war. I don't think they want to hear either...

I think General Robert E. Lee was a walk on for the Huskers, played safety IIRC.

It does seem like there's a large number of people who actually think the flag has been outlawed, which is hilarious in itself.

I agree. I have FB "friends" from my home town in northeast Nebraska who act like they are leading a revolution by hanging the flag in their front windows. They feel as if they are "standing their ground" against the government taking away their rights to interior decorate as they wish. I don't know if I should tell them they still have the same right to fly the confederate flag now as they did before, or to let them know the history of Nebraska and the civil war. I don't think they want to hear either...

I think General Robert E. Lee was a walk on for the Huskers, played safety IIRC.

Pretty sure Eric Lee is a legacy player...

Well first of all, nobody thinks "banishing the confederate battle flag" is going to end racism.

So....I couldn't get past that point to take the rest of the post seriously.

I'm not sure it was meant to be taken seriously, I certainly didn't.

Well first of all, nobody thinks "banishing the confederate battle flag" is going to end racism.

Oh, it was. There are loads of idiots who really think there are people who believe racism is gone because the flag was removed from a government building. The OPoster even admitted in this thread that he thinks those people exist. Which is a load of horsesh#t. Nobody actually thinks that.

It's a miniscule step in the right direction. A step that prevents people from having to see that sh#t promoted by a governmental body.

Oh, it was. There are loads of idiots who really think there are people who believe racism is gone because the flag was removed from a government building. The OPoster even admitted in this thread that he thinks those people exist. Which is a load of horsesh#t. Nobody actually thinks that.

It's a miniscule step in the right direction. A step that prevents people from having to see that sh#t promoted by a governmental body.

The only flag that matters is the red, white, and blue one with 50 stars. #Merica

I realize this is sarcasm but I feel like it brings up a natural human response to things that don't work out.

Because Pelini is gone and Callahan had two losing seasons some feel like that whole time should be forgotten, burned, buried.

I had a girlfriend for about four years when I ended things she said something like "...4 years of my life wasted" I told her I don't think of it that way. Good times were had it, just didn't work in the end.

I stopped liking Pelini but there were good games/plays/players I'd never want to forget. I thoroughly enjoyed the bowl game against Arizona, Suh, the NW hail mary, Jack Hoffman etc etc.

As for Callahan, I still watch that Colorado game where we beat the snot out of them, the come back against A&M in A&M and that wild wild Michigan bowl game was fun.

I realize this is sarcasm but I feel like it brings up a natural human response to things that don't work out.

Because Pelini is gone and Callahan had two losing seasons some feel like that whole time should be forgotten, burned, buried.

I had a girlfriend for about four years when I ended things she said something like "...4 years of my life wasted" I told her I don't think of it that way. Good times were had it, just didn't work in the end.

I stopped liking Pelini but there were good games/plays/players I'd never want to forget. I thoroughly enjoyed the bowl game against Arizona, Suh, the NW hail mary, Jack Hoffman etc etc.

As for Callahan, I still watch that Colorado game where we beat the snot out of them, the come back against A&M in A&M and that wild wild Michigan bowl game was fun.

Oh...I agree. Every era has games, players...etc. that are special that I won't want to forget.

I think we can all agree that we can be thankful that both coaches also ran clean programs. A program like Nebraska, where expectations are so high and success is measured against the greatest run in college football history, would lead a lot of coaches to look for quick fixes and recruiting tons of guys with character issues. Had that happened, we'd be REALLY digging ourselves out of a hole.

• Fire 1