Camping Out: Offensive Line

If you look at the 105 man roster, it just seems odd to me. Obviously the coaches have seen the players but we're eight deep at RB, have 12 WRs, have a walk-on fifth-string QB, and have several walk-on players on defense who are well down the depth chart. I'm sure a bunch of those guys are going to be on special teams and you need those guys in camp but we have at least one freshman walk-on. How can they know he's going to be more of a contributor? We even have a walkon offensive lineman on the roster who's never played in a game and can't be higher than fourth string. Plus he's a guard and we're deeper there.

I just think the only reason for leaving one guy off is to send a message that he's not wanted and basically try to run him off. I just think it's an odd choice.

If you look at the 105 man roster, it just seems odd to me. Obviously the coaches have seen the players but we're eight deep at RB, have 12 WRs, have a walk-on fifth-string QB, and have several walk-on players on defense who are well down the depth chart. I'm sure a bunch of those guys are going to be on special teams and you need those guys in camp but we have at least one freshman walk-on. How can they know he's going to be more of a contributor? We even have a walkon offensive lineman on the roster who's never played in a game and can't be higher than fourth string. Plus he's a guard and we're deeper there.

I just think the only reason for leaving one guy off is to send a message that he's not wanted and basically try to run him off. I just think it's an odd choice.

It also might just come down to numbers and how they want to run practice. If they want to run 2-3 stations of O vs. D. then several QB's, RBS, and WR will be needed. The staff my want to use this as a chance to figure out the depth at skill positions. This would mean they'd also need a lot of defensive bodies to keep things moving. Although, the walk-on OL kinda throws my hypothesis right out the window....

I would say that is absolutely the message.... or maybe the message is 'you aren't working hard enough.'

I would say that is absolutely the message.... or maybe the message is 'you aren't working hard enough.'

I think you nailed it, I doubt they are trying to run him off, My guess is that he did not put in the time or the work this summer and they are telling him that his efforts are being rewarded in kind.

• Fire 1

First team Oline:

Lewis

Utter

Reeves

Kondolo

Sterup

Based upon ? Is this just a prediction?

Really surprised by Sterup maintaining the RT spot. If he's the best we got though, credit to him. He must've worked on his hips and his footwork over the offseason because the dude was a statue out ther last year. Good for him if he keeps it.