DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

Yikes, that part about Durant is scary. I'd be extremely careful about bringing him back this season.

I agree. Might be best to red shirt him this year if a full recovery drags half way though the season or more. I'm glad the staff clarified the 6-8 week projection.

The idea of redshirting isn't far fetched, but let's see how he is recovering before we start telling Riley how to manage his roster. In articles discussing DPE's injury, these bones heal without any issue 75% of the time. Yes, that does leave 25% probability of issues. Also, OKC really screwed up the Durant situation. They rushed him back for no reason, and before he was completely healed. Then they didn't want to admit that they kind of botched the surgery.

Agreed. I'm sure it'll really end up being up to DPE whether or not he wants to RS or play the last few games(if that's what it comes down to).

I hope all this talk is cheap and he ends up being 100% ready to roll by Wisconsin.

Man everyone just needs to chill a little about this. Most likely he will be in a walking boot for about a month. They will take x -rays about once a week. If it is heeled after about 4-5 weeks then he will really start to rehab and hope fully he is back at the 7th or 8th week from now. If after 2-3 weeks in the boot it doesn't look good than they will adjust from their. If he can get back for 7 games plus a bowl game and maybe a CCG. That doesn't sound like too bad a season.

ARE YOU A DOCTOR?

OBVIOUSLY NOT BECAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING KNOWS THAT FOOT FRACTURES REQUIRE THE PERSON TO BE IN AN IRON LUNG FOR 8-25 YEARS

Pffffttt....yeah......MINIMUM 8-25 YEARS, often times much longer.

Ugh your both not doctors, the only solution is to take the player out to the field and shoot it.

Wait are players horses or people I always get those two confused.

dedhoarse

A “Jones fracture” is the same injury suffered by NBA star Kevin Durant. Durant, the 2013-14 NBA Most Valuable Player for the Oklahoma City Thunder, suffered a Jones fracture in his right foot in October 2014. After an initial surgery, he returned to the Thunder in December. He played just 27 games before getting another surgery in February 2015. Durant later got a final surgery — a bone graft — in early April. The recovery time on that injury is four to six months.

and initial KD prognosis, 6 to 8 weeks to recover, just like DPE injury. Now 4 to 6 months. I say REDSHIRT !

Foot is a fickle injury. Like TMart.

or maybe try .......

Z84brj3.jpg

3D cast with ultrasound technology to help heal the bones faster ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanted to polish this turd, you'd craft a story where Jamal Turner steps in and reclaims his original promise for one glorious, redemptive season.

Just a bump to confirm that this isn't likely to happen.

Not only did a healthy new Jamal Turner not step up against BYU, he made two mental mistakes that cost his team, and did nothing with the plays designed for him.

The Freshmen look more focused and disciplined than the Senior.

Which actually bodes well for the future.

• 3 weeks later...

This actually seemed like it was pretty fast to me but apparently it will be six weeks tomorrow.

Not that we couldn't always be better but the offense was still pretty good without him. You never know what a couple plays here and there could do.

It'll be great to have him back. Probably a pretty limited role this week then turn him loose next week.