Suspended players for BYU game

Was any reason given for the suspensions?

No exact reasons, but I think Rose-Ivey might be grades related. Banker mentioned that he needs to take care of stuff off the field, when they were discussing how Rose-Ivey didn't earn a Blackshirt.

If "taking care of stuff off the field" is the only evidence we have what Rose-Ivey is suspended for, then it could be any number of things from drinking, partying, grades, attendance or tardiness for team/school related things, etc.

No exact reasons, but I think Rose-Ivey might be grades related. Banker mentioned that he needs to take care of stuff off the field, when they were discussing how Rose-Ivey didn't earn a Blackshirt.

If "taking care of stuff off the field" is the only evidence we have what Rose-Ivey is suspended for, then it could be any number of things from drinking, partying, grades, attendance or tardiness for team/school related things, etc.

It could be anything, but if you were gonna question it as a fan, you'd have to say, isn't "off the field stuff " all he's had to be focused on? He's not really been "on the field".

I like this guy. I think he's a good player, and I love his attitude. I think he loves being a Husker too, unless I've got the wrong impression. It's kind of a what the hell moment when this guy gets suspended.

It could be anything, but if you were gonna question it as a fan, you'd have to say, isn't "off the field stuff " all he's had to be focused on? He's not really been "on the field".

I like this guy. I think he's a good player, and I love his attitude. I think he loves being a Husker too, unless I've got the wrong impression. It's kind of a what the hell moment when this guy gets suspended.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. :dunno

So apparently Rose-Ivey's tweet that I copy and pasted the day the article came out had DIRECT CORRELATION to this. PS I got blasted for posting his tweet in that thread.

Say what you've got to say, don't beat around the bush about it.

I don't remember the tweet.

Who cares what Gifford weighs. If he sticks his nose in and finds the ball we are already better.

I agree. Too much is being put into the weight of our LBs.

This "weight" at LB conversation needs to die. If you aren't athletic at your weight, who gives a crap what you weigh. Osborne and McBride figured this out a long time ago. Apparently fans are still obsessed with it for some reason.

You don't pack too much mass on a guy if it makes him unable to move well.......you just don't.

Exactly about the weight. Lavonte David says hello. McBride, IIRC, recruited speed and guys who could tackle. Don't recall him mentioning size.

Belive these guys knew they would be suspended at the start of fall camp per other articles.

Belive these guys knew they would be suspended at the start of fall camp per other articles.
Which we all knew when the suspensions were commented on weeks ago.

Fair points, but, I only brought it up as a means to douse any speculation. I think the easy out for people is "bad grades", but, it could legitimately be anything. He may have overslept a couple of times and missed something so who knows, is my only point. As such, the off-season is usually when a ton of players find ways to get in trouble, from college all the way up to the pros. So, that kinda seems normal to me.

The reason I post the quotes below is their Center was on the freshman all-american team. If you throw someone else into the mix Saturday to start his first game @ NE vs Collins and VV to block. Good luck

I just asked BYU OL Tejan Koroma whether he will play against Nebraska. "I guess we will see on Saturday," he said.

Then I asked Tejan Koroma whether he will be on the airplane Friday: "Hopefully," he said. "You know what I mean?"

Koroma on why he didn't play in any of the scrimmages: "I think it was for the best interest of the team. Just see who else can play center"

Who was given his Blackshirt.? Or was one given out that he would have probably gotten.

GBR!!!

Who was given his Blackshirt.? Or was one given out that he would have probably gotten.

GBR!!!

Kevin Williams received one even though he isn't a starter