WR Desmond Fitzpatrick [Louisville - Signed LOI]

Mavric

This is the closest scenario of what a kid can do that compares to a school pulling an offer from a kid late in the game like Harbaugh and others have done.

The loudest voices for the kid is, "well, he's making the biggest decision of his life." For a school/coach, "they're scumbags, I wouldn't want my son playing him!"

Lesson for us/Riley, please don't wait for the last 4-5 targets you're after be your blue chippers that headline make or break a class. Be better.

I 100% agree with your theory but the nature of the beast is sometimes (well maybe more often than that) your top flight kids are just going to wait it out.

Under Bo, we weren't in it til the end with as many bigger sought after receuits. We are comin up short because of parents preference and the fact our staff has a smaller sample size for the recruit to base his decision off of. Next year we will probably see a much higher recruiting ranking.

• Fire 1

Under Bo, we weren't in it til the end with as many bigger sought after receuits. We are comin up short because of parents preference and the fact our staff has a smaller sample size for the recruit to base his decision off of. Next year we will probably see a much higher recruiting ranking.

I think 2017 is a good basis for classes to expect under this staff because recruiting is now about getting in around sophomore/junior year with a kid. I know there's the Harbaughs and Meyers out there that can recruit at a high level immediately, but that's more the exception than the rule. If next year isn't at least top 20, I'll be worried/disappointed.

I think 2017 is a good basis for classes to expect under this staff because recruiting is now about getting in around sophomore/junior year with a kid. I know there's the Harbaughs and Meyers out there that can recruit at a high level immediately, but that's more the exception than the rule. If next year isn't at least top 20, I'll be worried/disappointed.

We already have a good start on next years class. Size will be small but I expect quality to be a priority. Top 15 should be an expectation.

This is the closest scenario of what a kid can do that compares to a school pulling an offer from a kid late in the game like Harbaugh and others have done.

The loudest voices for the kid is, "well, he's making the biggest decision of his life." For a school/coach, "they're scumbags, I wouldn't want my son playing him!"

Lesson for us/Riley, please don't wait for the last 4-5 targets you're after be your blue chippers that headline make or break a class. Be better.

I 100% agree with your theory but the nature of the beast is sometimes (well maybe more often than that) your top flight kids are just going to wait it out.
yup, you're right too. I'd just prefer we're not waiting on 3-4 of them in the last week. Get some other top flight kids who will commit and stay committed earlier than 11th hour decisions.

We already have a good start on next years class. Size will be small but I expect quality to be a priority. Top 15 should be an expectation.

Luckily we had a good start on this years class with Raridon, Brokop, and Farniok.

• Fire 1

I agree. I like the hustle, just get the results.

I dont believe this is true entirely. We had some disappointment on signing day Peat, Owa, Willis, Cravens, to name a few off the top of our heads.

I think Riley has done a great job getting in on some big recruits after a disappointing season. Hope next year when we improve in the win column we can land some more top notch recruits.

• Fire 1

I dont believe this is true entirely. We had some disappointment on signing day Peat, Owa, Willis, Cravens, to name a few off the top of our heads.

I think Riley has done a great job getting in on some big recruits after a disappointing season. Hope next year when we improve in the win column we can land some more top notch recruits.

That's also 7 years of Bo compare to 1.5 of Riley recruiting classes.

I still think the coaches should get in this kids ear about the UL WR coach leaving, especially if Dez didn't know it was coming.

Maybe another reason why people talking badly about 18 year old kid here and on Twitter should chill out a little.

The smack talking goes overboard, that much is for sure. But the bridge has been burnt, his Dad doesn't want him here now.

I still think the coaches should get in this kids ear about the UL WR coach leaving, especially if Dez didn't know it was coming.

Maybe another reason why people talking badly about 18 year old kid here and on Twitter should chill out a little.

The smack talking goes overboard, that much is for sure. But the bridge has been burnt, his Dad doesn't want him here now.

Not sure if he ever did.

That's also 7 years of Bo compare to 1.5 of Riley recruiting classes.

True. I am sure there are a few others that I cant recall of the top of my head, but we also have to remember that Bo couldnt recruit.

Not sure if he ever did.

I must have missed that. Was there something recent with dad? or just the sneaky last Louisville visit?