Coaches lost this game

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraBC/status/650457371886534658

Okay, so that kind of changes things a bit.

Maybe don't call a bootleg either -- I'd prefer a straight ahead in case the defense stays home -- but if that was the call, the awareness from Tommy is what should be called into question. He's a team leader. He can't put the game on the line like that. Has to know the situation.

of course it was. It was probably a run/pass option. But if it was a run and tommy passed then who is responsible for coaching his dumbass. He's started 30 some games. His ass should be overriding any dumb sh#t passes call and just fall down on the ball after the snap.
  • Fire 1

Riley just said the 3rd down play was a QB run and Armstrong decided to throw it which he wasn't suppose too. Who f'd up now?

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 59:45 OF THE GAME?

Seriously, this is just one play. Doesn't explain why we didn't run the ball consistently, why we took out the safety help on one of the most important series of the game...

• Fire 1

Riley just said the 3rd down play was a QB run and Armstrong decided to throw it which he wasn't suppose too. Who f'd up now?

Thats some good ole Bo pointing the finger and not the thumb. Kids don't execute......

At some point the kids don't. Even Bo wasn't always wrong in that regard. The execution today was not good on the players side nor the coaches.

Okay, so that kind of changes things a bit.

Maybe don't call a bootleg either -- I'd prefer a straight ahead in case the defense stays home -- but if that was the call, the awareness from Tommy is what should be called into question. He's a team leader. He can't put the game on the line like that. Has to know the situation.

And there it is. Throw the player under the bus.

2 things.

1. That was a called pass. He's lying. Tommy should say so in the presser.

2. The only correct call in that situation, is to run inside. Riley is an incompetent coach.

Fire everyone from the chancellor on down.

• Fire 1

I'm out. That was the worst clock management I have ever seen they have no time outs at third and 7 you run the ball and burn it to about 52 seconds, snap the ball on 4th and 5 or 6 or 7 at about 15 seconds. They may get the ball back with about 11 seconds left and no time outs.

I officcially quit on Mike Riley