Riley Sucks, Who Do We Steal?

As much as I would love Chip Kelly, it is laughable to think we could get him.

IF Chip gets fired in Philly, the only place he is going to is Texas, as Charlie Strong is gone at years end.

I'll vote for Scott Frost or Tressel. But Since Tressel hired Pelini i doubt Tressel comes here under Echorst or even Pearlmans regime since I am sure Pelini has let Tressel know how he feels about the admin at Nebraska.

So Scott Frost seems like a good fit.

Texas is another Key in this fight right now. If they and they will fire Strong, they will have money and the gusto to get who they want right now. Dodd and Patterson, the last two AD's there, didn't like to hire coaches who might have more control over things in the school than them. Thats why Mack was hired before and this is why Patterson hired Strong. Now your seeing a fanbase that has been punched in the gut, and they haven't even played OU yet. If OU kills the Horns, the money is going to flow out of the oil fields into Austin overnight.

Anyway, they will have money and power to throw at many coaches this season. Its a matter of which coach will take it and run to the bank. Can't compete with there in state recruiting and its a matter of overnight things can change. When they do change onc again, TCU and Baylor will be the butt of all football jokes in Texas once again.

If you want option football back...hire Troy Calhoun

doesnt he also do "more with less?"

Yes he does due to the height, weight, and recruiting limitations of coaching at Air Force.

He runs option from the I-Formation, Flexbone (Double Wing), Shotgun. But the great thing is, his offense is not purely option football. They also run the ISO, toss sweep, zone plays, etc.

And summer hours they are allowed, along with practice hours in a week...He completely over achieves there. He's the guy we should have but there are others I would be fine with.

I like the football played by Air Force. My only concern is recruiting. Does AF even recruit? I doubt they have to deal with many character issues either.

If you want to go with a service academy guy then go with the guy at Navy. They have beaten Army 13 years in a row, beat Notre Dame a couple years ago, and for a service academy, they are pretty good every year. Othewise, has anyone suggested Frank Solich, that guy at Ohio University? I heard he wasn't too bad.

Ken Nematolololololololololololo or whatever his name is wouldn't be a great fit because the lack of diversity to the offense. It's why I don't like Paul Johnson.

Does navy put up with the same restrictions as Calhoun has to deal with at Air Force?

Man, Navy has some of the craziest recruiting restrictions in the country, if not the craziest.

Niumatalolo is worth at least one interview minimum.

Scott Frost can't do any worse

No he couldn't but would the fan base hold him to the same standards as Riley and such. That is what I would be curious to see.

I think the fan base is much more optimistic to give him 4-6 years to see what he can do. 1.) he is a Nebraska guy 2.) he is young.

IF we give Riley 4-5 years to build something he turns 65-66 years old. How much longer then does he have to continue whatever he built....?

Scott Frost can't do any worse

No he couldn't but would the fan base hold him to the same standards as Riley and such. That is what I would be curious to see.

I think the fan base is much more optimistic to give him 4-6 years to see what he can do. 1.) he is a Nebraska guy 2.) he is young.

IF we give Riley 4-5 years to build something he turns 65-66 years old. How much longer then does he have to continue whatever he built....?

That is what I figured someone would say.

Scott Frost, because he's running Helfrich's system at Oregon. He's said in an interview that he sees the value of running the football from a power stand point and would love to implement it in his system.

My only concern with Frost is head coaching experience, not a fan of hiring coordinators especially after our last one. Would love to see him go somewhere, head coach there and prove that he can win with that program before coming to Lincoln.

Bump.

David Shaw. Power run first/smashmouth coach with hard nose defense to boot. Perfect style for us. He is 46-13 overall at Stanford.

2011: 11-2 (8-1 conference) Fiesta Bowl

2012: 12-2 (8-1 conference champs) Rose Bowl

2013: 11-3 (7-2 conference champs) Rose Bowl

2014: 8-5 (5-4 conference 2nd place)

2015: Currently 4-1 (3-0 conference)

They're about to play UCLA next Saturday. Should be a good game. He's a proven coach and coached under Harbaugh. It would take a decent amount of money to get him to leave Stanford.

• Fire 1

Bump.

David Shaw. Power run first/smashmouth coach with hard nose defense to boot. Perfect style for us. He is 46-13 overall at Stanford.

2011: 11-2 (8-1 conference) Fiesta Bowl

2012: 12-2 (8-1 conference champs) Rose Bowl

2013: 11-3 (7-2 conference champs) Rose Bowl

2014: 8-5 (5-4 conference 2nd place)

2015: Currently 4-1 (3-0 conference)

They're about to play UCLA next Saturday. Should be a good game. He's a proven coach and coached under Harbaugh. It would take a decent amount of money to get him to leave Stanford.

Shaw is at his dream job. The only way he leaves Stanford is for the NFL