Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

I used to stop and see my 4th grade teacher, even years after I graduated. She was one special teacher. Only a few like her come around. Does that count?

that Veronica Vaughn is one fine piece of ace.

Well, the 4th grade teacher had my admiration as a top example of an educator. Now, my high school civics teacher librarian...I'd visit her again if I knew where she lived. Straight A student, honor society and I enjoyed every minute of "detention" she gave me.

Bo left a lot of baggage? Not sure what to think on that. Urban Meyer left a lot of baggage at Florida. Mack Brown might have left some baggage at Texas. Not sure we are that bad off as far as baggage. Some teams are left with entitlement issues and torn teams. You can say a lot about our team this year but they seem to be a team, and stick together. Lewis' statement is more of reflection of Riley than Bo. Lewis is not a program player and his actions have been tolerated by this staff which sets a tone of how the team would perceive these comments and actions. How he is still a captain is beyond me.

Its not an excuse for Riley. It was gonna be a battle regardless of the coach hired. I warned of sh#t like this and the f'd up culture left behind before Riley was even hired.

If this is true, i really hope no one is surprised. Id be more surprised if it werent happening in the supposed detrimental manner.

The fact that Bo was comfortable enough to call his former boss a c**t to a bunch of players shows that he felt the room was with him. So obviously some were then and still are now.
I'm guessing these reaches aren't floating around Gator land or Ann Arbor.
I'm not a fan of A Florida team or a fan of Michigan. So I don't care about them unless it directly involves Nebraska.

I only care about what happens in Lincoln

Someone, I don't remember where I heard it or read it, thought that the fact that Florida and Michigan teams were pretty sure their coaches were being fired led to smoother transitions. Whereas in Lincoln, it was more of a shock to players. And then of course Pelini had to make it worse for the team on his way out the door. That's a whole different situation than Michigan or Florida.

this. All this. This was posted before my rant above while i was keying it. This sums it up simpler.

Its not rocket science. All you gotta do is think for a sec. Abd have the perspective that these guys are not robots. Theyre himans with hearts, minds, and feelings.

Your rant is better.

I think I'd be more concerned about Riley's current 2-3 record than what I am about what any former staff member is doing.

Or what doesn't happen. Whatever the case may be......

Hey, TheSker. Not every thread on this board is your extended personal podium for bagging on Riley's record.

There are plenty of topics here for that discussion. Please refrain from trying to make every discussion you enter the same.

• Fire 9

No names of who contacted who, no quotes, no transcripts, no phone records, no tweets, no corroborating evidence, no one saw anyone on the grassy knoll...and we don't know who may or may not have a secret e-mail server. Could all of these "We don't knows" be a coincidence?... :ph34r:

...I think not. :ph34r:

The best thing to do is to put an armed guard outside the locker room and have him shoot at any suspicious noises.., and especially have him shoot in the direction of any suspicious silence. :ph34r:

but as long as we keep from getting paranoid, we should be fine... :ph34r:

I think I'd be more concerned about Riley's current 2-3 record than what I am about what any former staff member is doing.

Or what doesn't happen. Whatever the case may be......
Hey, TheSker. Not every thread on this board is your extended personal podium for bagging on Riley's record.There are plenty of topics here for that discussion. Please refrain from trying to make every discussion you enter the same.

Finally.

Its not an excuse for Riley. It was gonna be a battle regardless of the coach hired. I warned of sh#t like this and the f'd up culture left behind before Riley was even hired.

If this is true, i really hope no one is surprised. Id be more surprised if it werent happening in the supposed detrimental manner.

The fact that Bo was comfortable enough to call his former boss a c**t to a bunch of players shows that he felt the room was with him. So obviously some were then and still are now.
I'm not a fan of A Florida team or a fan of Michigan. So I don't care about them unless it directly involves Nebraska.

Someone, I don't remember where I heard it or read it, thought that the fact that Florida and Michigan teams were pretty sure their coaches were being fired led to smoother transitions. Whereas in Lincoln, it was more of a shock to players. And then of course Pelini had to make it worse for the team on his way out the door. That's a whole different situation than Michigan or Florida.

Totally agree. Both Muschamp and Hoke exited gracefully. Muschamp even told players they should stay at Florida. "Don't leave just because of me."

• Fire 1

Bo left a lot of baggage? Not sure what to think on that. Urban Meyer left a lot of baggage at Florida. Mack Brown might have left some baggage at Texas. Not sure we are that bad off as far as baggage. Some teams are left with entitlement issues and torn teams. You can say a lot about our team this year but they seem to be a team, and stick together. Lewis' statement is more of reflection of Riley than Bo. Lewis is not a program player and his actions have been tolerated by this staff which sets a tone of how the team would perceive these comments and actions. How he is still a captain is beyond me.

How quick people seem to forget. Here's a reminder of the baggage you should think about

• Fire 1

This happened when Mr. Pelini left the first time. His contact with the Bullocks was the reason one left before graduation. He also had a running battle with Phillip Dillard and a couple others. He told them they were being used wrong, that the staff had no chance of making it and they should leave the program. Dillard dealt with him in his recruiting, and supposedly told Bo to eat sh#t. Phil road the bench for a long time, embedded in the infamous dog house. He was a snake them. His loose guidance at San Antonio could have cost us some NCAA investigations. I was aware of it through the medical staff, one of my wifes friends that saw it all go down. I know that Coach Blake was bezerk over his actions.

there is going to be more coming out I would guess.

I am just hoping they can tie this to him and stop all the payments. He was never part of this program, it was stepping stone to Ohio State, which they said no thans

• Fire 5

Some people brought up Florida and Michigan...you know why there doesn't seem to be drama at those schools?

1. They are winning

2. Those coaches would not tolerate any sh#t

3. The coaches came in with recent success

I think some of us are blaming the wrong people. There is no text/convo that will make a kid play soft/slow...but there sure is lack of leadership or lack of respect that will make a kid play poorly.

Some people brought up Florida and Michigan...you know why there doesn't seem to be drama at those schools?

1. They are winning

2. Those coaches would not tolerate any sh#t

3. The coaches came in with recent success

I think some of us are blaming the wrong people. There is no text/convo that will make a kid play soft/slow...but there sure is lack of leadership or lack of respect that will make a kid play poorly.

Yep....

• Fire 1