Iowa likely to be undefeated when they come to Lincoln

Some of you negative folks need to think about this for a second.

What if Riley started the season 2-4 in the first half, but finishes the season 6-0 in the second half for an 8-4 finish and a decent bowl? I'd say that's a helluva coaching job if he IS able to do that. Nevermind he would have wins against two top 10 teams along the way if those teams don't lose someplace else. Never mind the springboard response that this would create for next season. I don't realistically think that'll happen, but at least there is hope.

I wouldn't exactly say Riley would have done a "helluva coaching job" if he ran the table to end the season. We are where we are because of bad coaching decisions.

I think we're capable of beating everyone left on the schedule. Iowa hasn't exactly had the toughest schedule, maybe best of the middle of the pack type of team. Northwestern is suspect. If we continue to play like the Minnesota game and do something about pass coverage, getting a rush or whatever, we have a chance against them all. MSU of course looks the toughest,......... but they may be ripe for an upset.

I want them to at least lose one. Because if everything shakes out (Illinois losing 3 conf games, Wisconsin losing 3 conf games) and we beat Iowa, we will go to Big Ten Title game. If we could make it, heck yea.

We are out of the running for winning the West. That dream died last week. 0 chance.

Unless Iowa drops two, and one of those two are to us--or do the tiebreakers not do head-to-head first any longer?

Otherwise, if Iowa doesn't have their annual 'oops' game, then it will have it in the bag before they play us, and the only thing we can ruin for them is their Thanksgiving leftovers.

We can play spoiler for Iowa- I don't see any team standing in their way- except for Coach Ferentz. And that is ok in my book. Yes, it is bizarre to make an Iowa game like our "bowl" game.. I spat up in my mouth as I wrote that. My expectations were not too high with new staff and all the changes.

As mentioned before, we have a good chance to defeat both undefeated Iowa and Mich State if we play the kind of football we are capable of. Before the Minny game, I placed bets on us defeating Michigan State- i am hoping we are starting our direction towards the peak of that dam mountain, while all those monkeys are falling of their backs. 3 way tie, we lose out on the Conf Championship I do believe.

Putting the cart way, way, way, before the horse, but I'm curious how a 3 way tiebreaker at 6-2 between NU, Wisky, and Iowa would work out?

Nebraska > Iowa

Iowa > Wisconsin

Wisconsin > Nebraska

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/archive/081011aaa.html

There is the tiebreaker. NU is in trouble with the division record, since it already has 2 losses in the West division.

Need Iowa to lose to MN and NU. Need Wisky to lose to MN.

We are all 6-2, with 2 losses in the West. Then we would need MN to finish higher in the West than Illinois.

Again, cart is way, way, way, before the horse, but there is the blueprint.