Heard through the grapevine(The Sockpuppet) he has been contacted to guage his interest. Crazy thing is he was contacted by our next supposed AD, Jim Phillips(currently at Northwestern). Eichorst is out!!

Whoever you heard this from, do you trust this person?

If you hire a guy, you give him time. That's how it works. 3 years if they're all pretty bad, 4 years is more standard. Plus/minus with off field issues, other considerations, etc.

It lets the next coach know he'll get the same treatment.

That rule only holds true if the coach demonstrates competency in game management and firing up the team, but needs time to implement his system to greater effect with his guys. A sign of coach that deserves more time is progress from game to game, year to year.

The game management under Riley has been a total disaster, unlike anything I've ever seen at the college or pro level. Clock management is terrible. The running back rotation is a joke. The OL rotation is completely insane. The play-calling is horrendous. And the passing defense is an unmitigated disaster. We are committing penalties at an insane rate. Meanwhile, the team looks lost and uninspired more and more as each game goes by. We are a worse team now than when we started by far.

These are all coaching problems. These problems aren't going to go away with more time because they are manifestations of who Riley is as a coach and the schemes he prefers to run. He's a very, very bad fit for this program and fan base and should never have come here. It was a unilateral decision by an AD who is badly out of touch with this program and the sooner we pull the plug on an experiment that should never have started the better we will all be, Riley included. He doesn't need this sh#t and neither do we.

• Fire 2

Wow. I couldn't disagree more completely -- we'll have to agree to not see eye to eye on this one.

But, there is no way it is sane to expect any assistant coach to come here if they think a bad showing on a team they had very little to do with putting together (and they have even less control over how good the head coach who hires them proves to be) will result in them getting fired.

If it's a disaster, then let the failure bear out in the normal time frame. Relax. There will be plenty of coaching candidates when the time is right.

Heard through the grapevine(The Sockpuppet) he has been contacted to guage his interest. Crazy thing is he was contacted by our next supposed AD, Jim Phillips(currently at Northwestern). Eichorst is out!!

I only hope so. Please Lord let Tom Herman come to NU!!

I would be curious to see who he would hire for his assistants if he came to Neb. All of his current guys except 2 came from or had coaching ties to the state of Texas. He surrounded himself with people that know the state and have been recruiting it for a long time.

I would be curious to see who he would hire for his assistants if he came to Neb. All of his current guys except 2 came from or had coaching ties to the state of Texas. He surrounded himself with people that know the state and have been recruiting it for a long time.

Hopefully me. ;)

Hopefully me. ;)

I hope he brings his DC, he had some pretty salty defenses at Utah state and Houston is doing decent. If I remember correctly his OC is Major Applewhite, how would nebraska take to a former horn on our sidelines

Hopefully me. ;)

I hope he brings his DC, he had some pretty salty defenses at Utah state and Houston is doing decent. If I remember correctly his OC is Major Applewhite, how would nebraska take to a former horn on our sidelines

As long as he admits to Texass cheating their way to a 2009 Big XII championship...I'm good.

Or better yet, put it in the legal fine print of his contract that he must acknowledge Nebraska as the rightful and true winner of the 2009 Big XII Championship and hope he overlooks it when he signs. :)