Sacrifice 2015

Redux

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love watching them win and hate watching them lose too much to want them to lose out. Plus I wouldn't want Gangwish and Janovich to finish their Husker careers with a season like that. I don't believe Riley is the guy for the job, and am far from impressed with the product on the field. But I would never wish for this team to lose a game, let alone lose out.

• Fire 2

Lots of negativity right now. And with good cause. Here's a different spin on this year though. Maybe Riley came here hoping to adapt. Maybe he just doesn't know how to change his well established style. So we run with his offensive strategy and his defensive strategy ... even though we lack the players for it. The difficulty of adaptation has been aggravated by injuries throughout the roster. Still, we are so close in so many games. Maybe we upgrade our talent through recruiting. Maybe Coach Riley starts to see big time development next year.

With everyone starting "the sky is falling" threads, can we just acknowledge that it could go the other way?

I don't think Riley gets fired regardless what his record is this year.

Yes, if it meant this coaching situation would get corrected sooner rather than later, I would take 3-9 this year.

Some will say that is terrible......but they would need to explain what 1 or 2 more wins really does for us.

I'm not going to actively promote another coaching change already. Not because I don't think it would expedite a possible return to respectability but because I don't think there is any chance in hell Eichorst will do anything about before the end of next season at the soonest. We are in football purgatory. No sense douching it up for a year and a half for no reason. I thought I could give Riley longer but I've seen enough to know nothing is going to get much better. It's a mediocre staff with mediocre players that is satisfied with mediocrity. Pretty much describes the last 15 years of our program. I'm not convinced there is any solution. I now think this job is too toxic for anyone to want to do. #careerender

• Fire 2

Never!!!

You have too many seniors that have busted their butts to make the team better, a staff that is struggling with injuries, possible attitudes and fans that are already calling for their heads.

The kids do not deserve the fans quitting on them. As if losing means more to the fans than the kids that work year around to try and please us on the field. BS

He's not going to be let go, even if we lose out, so it doesn't really matter. That being said, I could never root for the Huskers to lose.

After the season I'm sure he'll be told that staff changes need to be made, and I'm holding out hope that he'll refuse to make them due to personal loyalty and will choose to resign instead. Unfortunately he has 2,700,000 reasons to make those changes and remain our coach.