OWH: Huskers Could Make Bowl at 5-7

Mavric

Here's your positive outlook for the day:

Since 2012, the NCAA has technically allowed 5-7 teams to play in bowl games provided there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill out the slots. There are a variety other tiebreakers than come into play - such as FCS teams making the transition to FBS or 6-7 teams that play in conference title games, but the bottom line is: It's possible.

And there are now 40 bowl games. Which is why CBS Sports Jerry Palm - who has long done the best job among national writers of understanding bowl tie-ins and trying correctly project teams into bowl games - has eight projected 5-7 teams in bowl games right now.
Nebraska is one of them. Here's one big reason why:
When the NCAA tiebreaker for bowls heads to 5-7 teams, the Academic Progress Rate score - a four-year rolling average of graduation rates and other academic metrics - comes in to play.
And while Nebraska may be mediocre on the field, it is not, and hasn't been, mediocre in the classroom.
The Huskers' 2013-2014 rolling APR score is 985 out of possible 1000.

OWH

• Fire 1

Here's your positive outlook for the day:

Since 2012, the NCAA has technically allowed 5-7 teams to play in bowl games provided there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill out the slots. There are a variety other tiebreakers than come into play - such as FCS teams making the transition to FBS or 6-7 teams that play in conference title games, but the bottom line is: It's possible.

And there are now 40 bowl games. Which is why CBS Sports Jerry Palm - who has long done the best job among national writers of understanding bowl tie-ins and trying correctly project teams into bowl games - has eight projected 5-7 teams in bowl games right now.
Nebraska is one of them. Here's one big reason why:
When the NCAA tiebreaker for bowls heads to 5-7 teams, the Academic Progress Rate score - a four-year rolling average of graduation rates and other academic metrics - comes in to play.
And while Nebraska may be mediocre on the field, it is not, and hasn't been, mediocre in the classroom.
The Huskers' 2013-2014 rolling APR score is 985 out of possible 1000.

OWH

I'm not sure we can make 5-7

Biggest thing about making a bowl game is the extra practices.

Because we definitely need them.

not sure all the practices in the world will help our sh#t talent and their sh**ty attitude.

we need new players and a youth movement.

You're saying it is not the sh*t coaching? I'm shocked.

Biggest thing about making a bowl game is the extra practices.

Because we definitely need them.

not sure all the practices in the world will help our sh#t talent and their sh**ty attitude.

we need new players and a youth movement.

You're saying it is not the sh*t coaching? I'm shocked.

Yeah, we heard it after every blowout loss under Bo (which there were plenty). Players lose blowouts, coaches lose close games. Nebraska's five losses have a point differential of 5, 3, 1, 2, and 2. Put that on the coaches.

• Fire 1

Based off our current schemes and coaching, any opponent we play is going to be a toss-up at best, and none should be overlooked.

2618260.jpg

This is a little overly pessimistic don't you think? Toss up with Purdue? Let's not jump off the cliff yet. I'd gladly put my money on us if the line was even on Purdue and Rutgers. My kool-aid drinking self even thinks that we have a chance against Iowa.