***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

Coaches teach fundamentals. Maybe you've heard of this.

I've not heard of this before.

What are these fundamentals you speak of?

Do juniors and seniors learn their fundamentals and techniques from coaches in their first two -three years in the program, or does a coaching staff teach juniors and seniors all new fundamentals and techniques in a few months of "actual coaching"?

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, techni8cally sufficient football players?

I swear you've found a way to plus one all your own posts. Let's see Bo took a 5-7 to 9-3 in 10 months. Uban Meyer took a 6-6 team to undefeated in 10 months. How long did it take Stoops? Harbaugh? Florida? This blame Bo crap is give him time, get his own players and lash out at anyone who disagrees with you is old hat. Get of your horse man. This is Purdue for god sakes.

Dear lord, Bo was left NFL talent such as Suh and Amukamera along with a good OL and RB's. This team may have one NFL player and that would be Westy as a slot WR. Nobody else comes even close to sniffing the NFL. This team is looking less talented than the 2004 team that Frank left us and that isn't an easy accomplishment.

Is this an excuse?

We have talent on this team it is just not being utilized.

To the pepole that day you can't fire a coach after 1 year because it sends the wrong message to potential coaches: wouldn't we be sending the message that 3-9 is absolutely unacceptable at a place like Nebraska?

It proves that they are smart enough to listen to a bunch of unrealistic fans who have no idea what they are talking about.

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

But coaches are not the ones who fail to execute on the field. We still have the same undisciplined players that plagued us for years. This is a culture thing that won't be fixed until we get new and better players.

Yeah, teaching and coaching players to execute is something that players are supposed to do themselves, I guess. Maybe the players could start teaching each other how to execute? Somebody's gotta do it.

You can teach all you want, they don't have any control if they mess up on gameday. You are right, someone has to do it, the last staff didn't teach them crap when it came to fundamentals.

Maybe having our back up QB throw 18 times in the first half isn't the right way to control what happens on gameday.

Against one of the worst rushing defenses in CFB

To the pepole that day you can't fire a coach after 1 year because it sends the wrong message to potential coaches: wouldn't we be sending the message that 3-9 is absolutely unacceptable at a place like Nebraska?

Any coach that is afraid of getting fired for going 3-9 in his first year I wouldn't want coming here anyway.

• Fire 1

Do juniors and seniors learn their fundamentals and techniques from coaches in their first two -three years in the program, or does a coaching staff teach juniors and seniors all new fundamentals and techniques in a few months of "actual coaching"?

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, techni8cally sufficient football players?

I swear you've found a way to plus one all your own posts. Let's see Bo took a 5-7 to 9-3 in 10 months. Uban Meyer took a 6-6 team to undefeated in 10 months. How long did it take Stoops? Harbaugh? Florida? This blame Bo crap is give him time, get his own players and lash out at anyone who disagrees with you is old hat. Get of your horse man. This is Purdue for god sakes.

I'd like to really examine the team Bo took over vs. the team Riley took over. It's been done before though. You should go back and have a look at some of the talent Bo inherited. Lucky bastard.

I agree Mike Riley is not Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, or Harbaugh? Florida? whatever that means.....

I think every coach deserves a chance to recruit to his own schemes, philosophies and culture. I know, I'm weird like that.

I'm not lashing out. I'm having more fun than anything. I get a kick out of it.

I do like horses, used to ride them as a kid when I worked on farm with my Grandpa. There's no way you could've possibly known that unless you are Miss Cleo?

Dear lord, Bo was left NFL talent such as Suh and Amukamera along with a good OL and RB's. This team may have one NFL player and that would be Westy as a slot WR. Nobody else comes even close to sniffing the NFL. This team is looking less talented than the 2004 team that Frank left us and that isn't an easy accomplishment.

Is this an excuse?

We have talent on this team it is just not being utilized.

Ok, tell me who is so "talented" on this team that we are not getting the most of. The burden of proof is on you.

In hindsight, we see that. In 2007, they were known for this...

nice-hole.jpg

True is right. A Wisconsin that made it to the B1G Championship last year is the same as a Purdue team that is dead last in the B1G this year. Make room Purdue, Nebraska is all Riled Up.

Any coach that is afraid of getting fired for going 3-9 in his first year I wouldn't want coming here anyway.

Exactly