***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

Coaches teach fundamentals. Maybe you've heard of this.

But coaches are not the ones who fail to execute on the field. We still have the same undisciplined players that plagued us for years. This is a culture thing that won't be fixed until we get new and better players.

Eichorst is looking like a real jackass now. "Championships are the standard"

We'll add the trophies from this season to Bo Pelini's trophy case.

the-england-trophy-cabinet-has-been-list

Jesus H True, this has f'ing nothing to do with Bo Pelini!

This is about the absolute disgrace that is this season. THIS staff needs to take responsibility for the sh#t show we are watching them field! Bo, smgdh.

• Fire 3

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

Coaches teach fundamentals. Maybe you've heard of this.

I've not heard of this before.

What are these fundamentals you speak of?

Do juniors and seniors learn their fundamentals and techniques from coaches in their first two -three years in the program, or does a coaching staff teach juniors and seniors all new fundamentals and techniques in a few months of "actual coaching"?

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, technically sufficient football players?

Bury your head all you want. Poor fundamentals are the result of poor coaching (in addition to poor execution). And, yes, 10 months is long enough to instill new techniques, if you build a culture of accountability. Oh, well. 3-6, here we come.

• Fire 2

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, technically sufficient football players?

1. They've had enough time to not regress this bad. There's countless examples.

2. Yes, and every analyst in the country seemed to think so.

Even with 7 years of crappy fundamentals Bo won 9 games....... The kids are not this bad. Not by a long shot

• Fire 2

Maybe Riley can get a come from behind victory. That would go against the Callahan 2.0 comparison, as Callahan was infamously 0-17 when trailing at half. Riley is currently 0-4 when trailing at half. And of course, he also has a loss to Wisconsin after blowing a first half lead.

Nothing would surprise me with this team. i will watch to the bitter end, even though I have work to be done.

Coaches definitely shoulder blame put people are acting like this team has the talent to win the whole Big Ten.

Just stop. We have enough talent to beat Purdue. No one is asking for a conference championship now, we just don't want to get embarrassed by a team whose only win is against Indiana St.

• Fire 2

Just logging in and first half assessment is that our O-line is a problem. They accounted for the first turnover with the bad snap, contributed to the 2nd by providing no pass protection, and they are not blocking for the run at all. I don't know if its a lack of talent or coaching or both, but it's bad.

Fyfe is playing well overall, we just need more balance with the run game to get into a rhythm, but from what I've seen in the first half he's played better than Tommy has in most games this season.

Liar. There is absolutely no way you have watched a single play of this game.