Time to re-evaluate our Athletic Directors job

I really have hope the university is smart enough to hire an actual chancellor that understands football and who can hire an actual good AD that can hire an actual good coach. (Disclaimer: i was 50/50 on Solich firing, i didnt like Cally hire, lost trust in Pedeybear early when he started to sh#t on traditions and former players, felt it was time for Bo to go, did not like Eichorst hire, decided to give Riley a wait and see, and have disliked the weasel Perlman since early Cally era.)

You don't like to many people do you?

Eichorst's job isn't dependent on W-L's directly. It's on the $$$.

the $$$ have to be slowing down to some degree..
I will be calling donation office to see how much i can decrease my donation and still keep same seats as ive been getting money stolen from me by the program for what ive been paying for tickets and what ive had to watch forvthe past 13 years.
  • Fire 1

Eichorst can save face by letting Riley go and accept the mistake, cut the losses, state that a search firm is in place to restore the once proud Nebraska football program. There's several options out there.

He can't save face. An AD's job is too closely tied to whatever is the bread winner sport for that school.

Eichorst can save face by letting Riley go and accept the mistake, cut the losses, state that a search firm is in place to restore the once proud Nebraska football program. There's several options out there.

This. Political move. Fire "your guy" to save your job. I think it could happen. Much more probable today than yesterday.

• Fire 1

I really have hope the university is smart enough to hire an actual chancellor that understands football and who can hire an actual good AD that can hire an actual good coach. (Disclaimer: i was 50/50 on Solich firing, i didnt like Cally hire, lost trust in Pedeybear early when he started to sh#t on traditions and former players, felt it was time for Bo to go, did not like Eichorst hire, decided to give Riley a wait and see, and have disliked the weasel Perlman since early Cally era.)

You don't like to many people do you?
Exactly what has there been to like in past 18 years? Take off the red rum colored glasses.

It's beyond reevalute.

We're at terminate.

But hey, mods, you wanna move this to the Rumor Mill too? Terminating Riley is still too far-fetched, even after giving up 50+ to Purdue?

Does anyone disagree with Bo assessment of SE now?

I do.

Even *IF* Pelini was right about Eichorst, Bo handled that whole situation wrong, and he had plenty of opportunities to fix things in Lincoln too--bring in a competent DC to replace his brother, for example.

Shawn Eichorst made a colossal mistake in hiring Riley, and he may be what Pelini said he is, but that doesn't justify Pelini saying as such.

No did himself absolutely no favors in his last two seasons, essentially telling his AD to f#*k off or fire him.

He is gone, and shouldn't come back. This doesn't mean we can't hold SE accountable for what he is turning this program into.

• Fire 1

This. Political move. Fire "your guy" to save your job. I think it could happen. Much more probable today than yesterday.

We gotta do it. Eichorst has to. What else is there? Put the 2016 season up in the air to mirror 2015? Eichorst needs to ask himself if it's worth the risk in the long run. He had a vision in his mind and that vision completely failed. The only thing he can do to save his job is first convince Riley to step down if not, he's going to have to pull the trigger. A lot is at stake here. Nebraska has to get a proven winner not a career loser, not a middle of the pack type of coach but someone who has proven their worth, proven that they are a winner.

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

The whinging on this board is reaching epic proportions.

This could be the worst husker season, uh, ever? THAT'S epic. Epically bad.

And how does that adversely affect your personal life?

Years of shoddy recruiting have lead us to this point in time. We have some talent on this team and it's almost all on the first team. Look what happens when a starter goes down. Fyfe came in today and threw for almost 400 yards but he also threw 4 interceptions and had several other passes almost picked off. There is a pretty big gap between most of our starters and their backups. There are lots of reasons why the Huskers are 3-6 so far this season, part of that is on the coaches, even Riley agrees with that.

This program needs to be rebuilt, years of neglect and abuse have caught up.

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

If that hire happens to destroy the marquee representation of the brand and by far its biggest money-maker, you bet it does.

But we don't really have years of neglect. This team, while not amazing, is still better than Purdue and Illinois. (And many others) the fact that we lose to those teams reflects on coaching. I for one don't need three years to give this a chance. Pull the plug now.

This could be the worst husker season, uh, ever? THAT'S epic. Epically bad.

And how does that adversely affect your personal life?

Years of shoddy recruiting have lead us to this point in time. We have some talent on this team and it's almost all on the first team. Look what happens when a starter goes down. Fyfe came in today and threw for almost 400 yards but he also threw 4 interceptions and had several other passes almost picked off. There is a pretty big gap between most of our starters and their backups. There are lots of reasons why the Huskers are 3-6 so far this season, part of that is on the coaches, even Riley agrees with that.

This program needs to be rebuilt, years of neglect and abuse have caught up.