Mike Riley is done.

Agreed. Banker, our Special Teams coach, and our DB coach all need to pound pavement as soon as the end of season (or bowl game prep) gets here. And someone really should take playcalling away from Langsdorf (if they haven't already).

I'd be fine with keeping Riley on if he's willing to clean house. But if he's not, then give him his walking papers too, because we don't have time as a program for that s***.

IF Langsdorff can figure out to run the football ,and utilize our stable of RBs, I am fine with him. He is actually a good QB coach, he just needs a real QB at the helm ,and I think that is what we are all hoping for with O'Brien. You look at his track record at Oregon State and he did a decent job. He had multiple QBs with NFL talent there and also Oregon State had utilized the run with some decent RBs.

I have hope for Langs, and will give him another year with Riley. Banker on the other hand needs to be replaced. I understand the long relationship with him and Riley, and I doubt Riley fires him, so I wouldn't be surprised if Riley just gives him a position job, like D-Line.

Go out there and hire Orgeron.

That's just it. We have moments like last night or the Minny game where it seems like Langsdorf 'gets it', and then we have an Illinois, or Purdue on our hands.

And I agree with what you say about Banker and Ogeron. Kinda shocked that Riley didn't tap him sooner when he was offering on Twitter to come to Lincoln--I think a lot of folks could have weathered this season better knowing there was, say, a Top 15 recruiting class waiting in the wings.

And Orgeron would've been guaranteed to bring in a Top 15 class?

he's a beast at recruiting. whatever nebraska ends up this year, you could add several spots up with orgeron.

Remember when Riley first came onboard and announced that Banker was coming, but was initially reluctant to say he would for sure be Defensive Coordinator? I wonder if that hesitation was for the same reasons we're seeing on the field.

Yep definitely remember that. Gives some hope I guess that Mike may try to upgrade.

Heard from someone in the know earlier tonight take it for what its worth, a rumor.

A person speaking on the condition of anonymity explained to me that the board is not angry with SE, they are indifferent and a few have voiced their displeasure directly after the Purdue game and it has been happening all year long and they have grown tired of it. The board knows the fans are hurting right now. A few of these members have privately scolded SE over a bad hire. There are some argumentative debates going on not if Riley should be let go but the timing of it. Boosters are willing to help hit the reset button and give SE a second chance only if SE has candidates lined up first and foremost. The board and SE are looking at what we'll owe Riley and his staff financially down the road. Resources are not a problem with the program and this is why the board is willing to give SE a second chance to find the right HC to turn the football program around.

This person reiterated twice - should Nebraska's football team demonstrate a poor performance versus Michigan State on national television next Saturday, Riley may be asked to resign immediately after the MSU game to allow Eichorst time (3-4 weeks) to help put Nebraska at an advantage in the market. This person stated that the biggest concern is there have been threats from big donors and that donations are being lost by week by week along with potentially losing ticket revenue i.e. the sell out streak. It was never mentioned that Mike would be asked to terminate any assistants or if him and his staff would continue into 2016. This person clearly said multiple times that it is looking more like a clean slate method.

That's all I have heard right now. It could be smoke and mirrors but, FWIW this person knew and heard from someone important before that Bo Pelini would get hired in 2008 2 months prior to Bill Callahan being fired.

New question, does going 0-2 deter FTW or does he ride Lady Luck and dare bet against the house one more time and go for 0-3?

• 2 weeks later...