Nate Gerry

That's a capitan right there for you. Good job! Good effort!

That is a sad, sad play. It's just painful to watch.

He just had backside contain on that play...
So that's the reason to not make the tackle when the ball carrier is directly in front of you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=ykge_gZUpyk

That's a capitan right there for you. Good job! Good effort!

wonder if the coaches taught him to just stand around while the play was still ongoing. look i am not just bagging on gerry to say the players suck, i want them to succeed. the point is it isnt just the coaching that is failing right now, it is the players themselves as well. purdue's first drive of the second half after nebraska scored all i wanted was someone to make a play but no one ever did. no one is making plays on defense consistently enough, if at all at times. that isnt just the coaching it is also on the players.

my comment was directed at you either ads. more for those that say the only thing that ails us is the coaching.

Nate Gerry Bio: Huskers.com

Honors & Awards

» Team Captain (2015)

» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List

» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)

» Second-Team All-Big Ten (Media, 2014)

» Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten (Coaches, 2014)

» Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (Iowa, 2014)

» Nebraska Defensive co-MVP (2014)

» Honorable-Mention Big Ten All-Freshman Team (BTN, 2013)

Exhibit A on talent wasted by incompetent coaching.

2014 Nate Gerry through 9 games:
interceptions: 4
tackles: 50
2015 Nate Gerry through 9 games:
interceptions: 3
Why did you start this thread to bag on Nate Gerry? Isn't he playing at almost exactly the same level as last year?

I think it is for what he is not doing is what the problem is. He seems (key word) to be in a worse position for tackles and pass defense. We should want to see more tackles at least from year to year, correct?

Early 2nd quarter short TD pass, does it look like Gerry was coming off his man to try to help someplace else? Or does he think his man is cutting back towards the middle? Not sure what to think of this play.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14016431

Go to about 1:30 for the best look at it.

Great example. Think that's pretty clearly the lack of trust that is evident in the defense. Coverage is starting to break down, everyone looks a little lost. Good assignment football says stay on your man and let everyone do their jobs. Nate starts to panic, doesn't trust the guys around him and tries to cover someone else's guy. Makes his own mistake and gives up a TD.

Honors & Awards

» Team Captain (2015)

Why did you start this thread to bag on Nate Gerry? Isn't he playing at almost exactly the same level as last year?

Thanks for the break down. I was comparing 2014-2015. "Looks" worse, but stats are the same....On pace to meet last season if he gets 10 tackles/game.

Mainly, people who watch games by the .gif don't have a clue as to what real football is and who football players are.

That's the best explanation that I can offer.

Honors & Awards

» Team Captain (2015)

Thanks for the break down. I was comparing 2014-2015. "Looks" worse, but stats are the same....On pace to meet last season if he gets 10 tackles/game.

Mainly, people who watch games by the .gif don't have a clue as to what real football is and who football players are.

That's the best explanation that I can offer.

Led the team with 14 tackles tonight - 9 solo. 4 more than the next highest player. Added two pass breakups (team high).

He hasn't played as well as I expected him to but the trashing on his is completely over the top.

Gerry has always been and will always be an amazing effort guy. He is 100% Nebraska football and I hopefully have never bashed him for his effort and his heart.

Led the team with 14 tackles tonight - 9 solo. 4 more than the next highest player. Added two pass breakups (team high).

He hasn't played as well as I expected him to but the trashing on his is completely over the top.

His lack of play has more so been downfalls in coverage and tackling in the open field so I'm not expecting those stats to show that. Dude plays hard and with emotion. I'll give him that.
  • Fire 2