Michigan St Game: What Did We Learn?

Are guys actually being happy with an "Oregon State" season? I know I'm not.

The win against Michigan State was great. It felt really good. However, it doesn't take away the losses to BYU, Illinois, Purdue, and Northwestern.

Talent, depth, injuries & players to run the scheme. Its too early to be judgmental. Its not what we wanted, but I think the players & coaches are learning. I was here when the fans wanted TO fired and you know what he did. Can Riley do the same? Maybe maybe not, but lets give him some room to put his team together.

Are guys actually being happy with an "Oregon State" season? I know I'm not.

The win against Michigan State was great. It felt really good. However, it doesn't take away the losses to BYU, Illinois, Purdue, and Northwestern.

It also doesn't take away the fact that one season is not enough to decide whether a coach is going to work or not.

We "learned" it is physically possible to run the ball two/three times in a row and move the chains.

Oh wait, most of us knew that.

Problem is that we know this staff won't consistently stick with it no matter how successfully their running. (see ridiculous drive that ended inside the 10 with 2 pass plays and an INT)

I may have to take my wife to more games. I normally take my son or daughter, but both were busy. It was her first game this year and maybe her 3 in 10 years. I might have to suck it up and use her as a good luck charm! Sorry, we will be out of town for the Iowa game.

Well, we don't care if "you" are out of town! But, the wife has to stay and attend! :funnyhahah

1. We're more talented than Purdue, Illinois, etc. I knew all along, but there's some on this board that thought our talent level stooped as low as Kansas.

2. We can run the ball up the middle. All it took was using a bruising running back like Cross, and making a change in the offensive line.

3. Tommy is awesome! The way he played made everyone forget he's battling through turf toe.

4. Maybe Michigan St.'s scheme isn't the one we should be going for....Sparty's defense has struggled all year and struggled again yesterday. You may need elite corners, and a legit pass rush to make it work. We need to run more cover 2.

5. We can win on primetime tv!

6. I can't stand Brian Griese. There was a time in the late 3rd or early 4th, where Imani Cross was stuffed in the backfield. Griese says, "Well you're not going to be able to run on this Michigan St. defense", while we were averaging over 5 yards a carry at the time. It's as if he wasn't watching the game.

7. We have the best fans in the nation. Seriously, what other fan base packs the house for a team that's 3-6? NOBODY. Just an awesome day for Husker football! GO BIG RED