***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

That's on Langsdorf. Quit calling long passing plays into the wind, bottom line.

I highly doubt Langsdorf, as moronic as he is, told Tommy to go for the home run with double coverage. That is on TA and TA alone.

Agreed!
It's a bad play design. The DB no one to cover in his area so he fell back to cover the deep ball.

Langs has an 11 game sample size of stupid mistakes to choose from. Don't call plays that TA even has an option of flinging it deep. Simplify the game for the kid, and tell him do it with your legs if it isn't there.

I would like to think Langs has told him to stop forcing balls into coverage at some point(s) this season

That's on Langsdorf. Quit calling long passing plays into the wind, bottom line.

This. So much this. See ya Langs.

Call Tom Herman. Now. Immediately after this game

Couldn't agree more.

Troy Calhoun form AF as OC or somehow to instill discipline...

Another good choice
Why would a Head Coach leave for an OC job?

Not saying he would. I like his scheme and discipline of his guys. I am sure being at a service academy helps.

Couldn't agree more.

Troy Calhoun form AF as OC or somehow to instill discipline...

Another good choice
Why would a Head Coach leave for an OC job?

For head coach, not OC

Or design a game plan that utilizes his strengths. Instead the give him free reign to chuck it around when he has shown time and again he will always force bad throws

Couldn't agree more.

It is clear that this staff makes poor decisions. There is a reason why they are career 500 coaches. Tom Herman would be a welcome change.

TA's poor decisions play into this. Not necessarily their fault.

It is their fault that that they do not coach him to make better decisions or bench him.

This game is clear that Nebraska does not have the necessary depth, nor the talent to be a good team this year. Sure, we have some talent in some areas, but overall this team really isn't that good. Are they 5-7 bad? No, but they aren't better than a 9 win team that is for sure. Regardless of who was coach this year, we weren't going to have a special season.

• Fire 1

I highly doubt Langsdorf, as moronic as he is, told Tommy to go for the home run with double coverage. That is on TA and TA alone.

Agreed!
It's a bad play design. The DB no one to cover in his area so he fell back to cover the deep ball.

Langs has an 11 game sample size of stupid mistakes to choose from. Don't call plays that TA even has an option of flinging it deep. Simplify the game for the kid, and tell him do it with your legs if it isn't there.

I would like to think Langs has told him to stop forcing balls into coverage at some point(s) this season

This is what kills me the most. The staff said that they would look at film from spring and practice and design a game plan with what the kids can do. My a$$

Couldn't agree more.

It is clear that this staff makes poor decisions. There is a reason why they are career 500 coaches. Tom Herman would be a welcome change.

TA's poor decisions play into this. Not necessarily their fault.

It is their fault that that they do not coach him to make better decisions or bench him.

Who knows what happens if we have a QB that had any football intelligence what so ever actually. The kid simply doesn't throw to open receivers, he wants the home run if he even sees a guy in double coverage he will attempt to force it.