What Did We Learn: Iowa Edition

This pretty well describes Langsdorf's philosophy - in his own words:

RE: Play call on 4th down

"We thought about it and I just didn't want to hand it off and get stuffed in the backfield," Langsdorf explained. "I thought we'd have a better play with more options on the throw. It didn't work, so it's going to get looked at. But it's running uphill against a bunch of people and you have a free hat coming off the edge like the play before and it spooks you out of the run on the next play."

"Didn't want to run and get stuffed" He assumes the run will fail and thus would rather throw it.

The run did get stuffed the play before. Of course he's going to assume that it will fail, because it literally did the play before.

Get real guys, Langsdorf called a great game. We out yarded them by about 150 yards, held a big time of possession advantage, they did not convert a 3rd down. All the coaches did a great job of putting the players in position to win. We just needed to replace one guy and we win by 21 or more. The future has never been brighter in the last 15 years.

This pretty well describes Langsdorf's philosophy - in his own words:

RE: Play call on 4th down

"We thought about it and I just didn't want to hand it off and get stuffed in the backfield," Langsdorf explained. "I thought we'd have a better play with more options on the throw. It didn't work, so it's going to get looked at. But it's running uphill against a bunch of people and you have a free hat coming off the edge like the play before and it spooks you out of the run on the next play."

"Didn't want to run and get stuffed" He assumes the run will fail and thus would rather throw it.

The run did get stuffed the play before. Of course he's going to assume that it will fail, because it literally did the play before.

So once it's stuffed once you should never call another running play, right?

Get real guys, Langsdorf called a great game.

You get real. A great game ends up in the column marked "W". This one did not, in case you haven't heard by now.

Langsford picked out the one guy who could literally give the game away singlehandedly and made him the centerpiece of "the great game he called", and flushed away a pretty decent effort by the rest of the team.

• Fire 1

Get real guys, Langsdorf called a great game.

You get real. A great game ends up in the column marked "W". This one did not, in case you haven't heard by now.

Langsford picked out the one guy who could literally give the game away singlehandedly and made him the centerpiece of "the great game he called", and flushed away a pretty decent effort by the rest of the team.

He is our starting quarterback. You need to understand that.

I think Riley learned something:

On what he learned about Big Ten football

"I learned in the Big Ten that I would say it's very competitive. If you want to be the champion of your division or win the conference, you're going to have to compete week-to-week and win the close games which is what championship teams have to do anyway. If you look at the score of the majority of these guys games or you look at Michigan State's games through the year, everybody has some close games. A lot of them are one score games. This ended up being a one-score game. They win them. They find that way to win them. I found it to be nicely competitive. It makes for a good league."

It reads almost like Riley had no idea what B1G football was all about. Like, "I'm pleasantly surprised they play decent football here in the midwest, huh, who knew"

What did Tommy have to get on the ACT or SAT to get into Nebraska? Honest question.

Greatest fans in college football my ass. You guys sicken me.

I'm definitely not the greatest fan. I cheer for Nebraska through thick and thin, but I have had enough with a player who isn't smart enough to understand that throwing off his back foot makes him a less efficient QB. I hope the best for Tommy as he bleeds Husker Red, but time for the coaching staff to move on.
Throwing off his back foot doesn't make him stupid. Much like being able to type doesn't make you intelligent.
I never said "stupid." I said not smart enough to be a good quarterback.

You literally asked for the SAT/ACT scores he needed to go to NU... what does that have to do with football IQ?

I would say the scores have plenty to do with a player's tendency towards intelligence and ability. Smarter football players tend to perform better (ex: Suh) Pretty sure the NFL has a type of "IQ Test" they use on incoming players. Wonderlic test:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test

So he may be on to something. As in us being the best fans your ass...well you live in Austin so become a Horns fan if you don't like us. I'm sure they can use your support right now.

Way to show me how a real fan acts. I guess my having season tickets for the last 6 years means nothing. I don't live in Nebraska so I'm not a real fan.

That's a new one.

Get real guys, Langsdorf called a great game. We out yarded them by about 150 yards, held a big time of possession advantage, they did not convert a 3rd down. All the coaches did a great job of putting the players in position to win. We just needed to replace one guy and we win by 21 or more. The future has never been brighter in the last 15 years.

NU never led at one point in that game. For 26 of the 30 minutes of the 2nd half, Iowa led by 11 points. NU was not threatening to win that game. Did the cold weather make it look like you were watching a different game?
  • Fire 1

NU never led at one point in that game. For 26 of the 30 minutes of the 2nd half, Iowa led by 11 points. NU was not threatening to win that game. Did the cold weather make it look like you were watching a different game?

All due to mistakes by one player and the tossing of Gerry. The playcalling was pretty damn good all game long.

Other than using our 240lb IB on outside zone plays, never giving Janovich a carry, calling deep passes into the stiff wind, failing to use tempo on Iowa in the 4th quarter....

We moved the ball all game long except when Tommy got stupid and gave it back to Iowa. Just because Langsdorf did not do it the way to please you and others did not stop the offense from being productive.

Other than using our 240lb IB on outside zone plays, never giving Janovich a carry, calling deep passes into the stiff wind, failing to use tempo on Iowa in the 4th quarter....

We moved the ball all game long except when Tommy got stupid and gave it back to Iowa. Just because Langsdorf did not do it the way to please you and others did not stop the offense from being productive.

It is only productive if you win...

To quote the great Johnny Lawrence: "There are no points for second place"