Call me old fashion

KC Sker

I don't really care about any of the financial benefits for the school I won't see a penny of it. As a fan in kansas I've hated the change from day one. Local papers don't cover nebraska because why would they. I can count on one hand how many fans of big 10 teams I know. It just isn't the same. I get alittle sick of the whole Texas argument too. Had we been winning more and had the stunk like they do now it would be a mute point and everybody knows it.

As a young husker fan growing up in Nebraska in the big 8, and later, the big 12 era, I cant help but feel we should have stayed put. Every year, especially after thanksgiving since joining the big 10, I always get nostalgic & think "we should be playing Colorado right now, not F'ing Iowa". Im sorry, I tried to get on board with the big 10 thing but I just cant. I cant get excited about playing Rutgers or Purdue, or some other team thats 1000 miles away...I just dont care as much. Now just utter the words "Nebraska vs Oklahoma" and I get all sorts of fired up...you do too if you've been a fan for a long time. I dont care about Michigan vs. Ohio State or any other big 10 tradition...why? because Nebraska will never be part of building that tradition. we are just add on members and always will be. In the big 12 we were a foundation team...one of the head hogs at the trough if you will. We gave that up. I wish we would go back (obviously that probably will never happen)...just my 2 cents.

I don't know how old you are, but if this is a problem to you, then I understand why you are nostalgic for the Big XII. I NEVER liked the Big XII because they seemed to constantly treat Nebraska like a 2nd class citizen. Texas basically blew up the old SWC, caused teams to leave (or threaten to leave), and left them with no other choice than to just implode the damn thing. So the remains of the conference come begging at the door for the Big-8 to save their sorry asses and we basically handed the keys over to Texas and let them take the wheel.

My nostalgia is that we should be playing Oklahoma on the Friday after Thanksgiving...Not F'ing Iowa and certainly not F'ing Colorado. That's why I don't give a flaming sh!t about the Big XII and will never miss that conference.

I do miss the Big-8, but it is gone.

If the Big12 was smart they would go snag Houston, and Memphis

Memphis maybe, I'm not familiar with their academic prestige or how big their fan base is, but the potential TV market in Memphis and maybe Nashville would be a good addition. I've read though that adding Houston is something that Texas doesn't want since it would make recruiting in Houston harder, along with the fact there's already 4 teams from Texas in the Big 12. With the offseason approaching, it's almost time for realignment talks again :D

As a young husker fan growing up in Nebraska in the big 8, and later, the big 12 era, I cant help but feel we should have stayed put. Every year, especially after thanksgiving since joining the big 10, I always get nostalgic & think "we should be playing Colorado right now, not F'ing Iowa". Im sorry, I tried to get on board with the big 10 thing but I just cant. I cant get excited about playing Rutgers or Purdue, or some other team thats 1000 miles away...I just dont care as much. Now just utter the words "Nebraska vs Oklahoma" and I get all sorts of fired up...you do too if you've been a fan for a long time. I dont care about Michigan vs. Ohio State or any other big 10 tradition...why? because Nebraska will never be part of building that tradition. we are just add on members and always will be. In the big 12 we were a foundation team...one of the head hogs at the trough if you will. We gave that up. I wish we would go back (obviously that probably will never happen)...just my 2 cents.

I don't know how old you are, but if this is a problem to you, then I understand why you are nostalgic for the Big XII. I NEVER liked the Big XII because they seemed to constantly treat Nebraska like a 2nd class citizen. Texas basically blew up the old SWC, caused teams to leave (or threaten to leave), and left them with no other choice than to just implode the damn thing. So the remains of the conference come begging at the door for the Big-8 to save their sorry asses and we basically handed the keys over to Texas and let them take the wheel.

My nostalgia is that we should be playing Oklahoma on the Friday after Thanksgiving...Not F'ing Iowa and certainly not F'ing Colorado. That's why I don't give a flaming sh!t about the Big XII and will never miss that conference.

Old enough to recognize how fun it was to play teams like CO and OK instead of Purdue and Indiana. Even with the introduction of the Texas teams, it was still better in MY OPINION from a football fan perspective.

Also, if you think we will ever be treated like "first class citizens" in the big 10, your fooling yourself; we are add on members, nothing more. I have family all over big 10 country on the east and none of them...not a single one gives 2 sh#ts about Neb or their history. this attitude seems to be shared by most of the fan base of the core big 10 schools. If you want your ass kissed by a conference, perhaps we could join the MAC or something where our reputation from 20 years ago might hold some weight.

Old enough to recognize how fun it was to play teams like CO and OK instead of Purdue and Indiana. Even with the introduction of the Texas teams, it was still better in MY OPINION from a football fan perspective.

Also, if you think we will ever be treated like "first class citizens" in the big 10, your fooling yourself; we are add on members, nothing more. I have family all over big 10 country on the east and none of them...not a single one gives 2 sh#ts about Neb or their history. this attitude seems to be shared by most of the fan base of the core big 10 schools. If you want your ass kissed by a conference, perhaps we could join the MAC or something where our reputation from 20 years ago might hold some weight.

The B1G bent over backwards to guarantee Nebraska played on Black Friday. The Big 12 killed one of the biggest rivalries in college football because Texas didn't like it.

Everything I've seen about the B1G is that all members are treated as equals. There is nothing about the Big 12 that shows any school is treated as an equal to Texas.

No one in the big 12 or the MAC gives a sh#t about history.

The thing is, the way Texas set it up, we didn't play OK every year. We had to take the leftovers and play them in a two-on, two-off schedule. So we played the F'ing Buffalos every year? Like I give a sh!t about them. They thought they were Nebraska's rival, but they weren't. So, who the hell cares? Once Nebraska's only real rivalry game, the day-after-Thanksgiving Nebraska-Oklahoma game, was taken from Nebraska, I stopped giving two sh!ts about the Big XII.

As someone said above, the Kansas-Nebraska game wasn't a rivalry. Just because NU beat the crap out of them every year? Or the KSU-Nebraska game? Or Nebraska-Misery? These are teams that put together good teams once in a while and gave NU a run for their money every decade or so, but for the most part were just part of the 9 (or 10 or 11 or 12) win season. No, when Texas came in and started running the show, and took away our annual rivalry game with Oklahoma, meanwhile preserving their Red-River Sh!t fest (or whatever they call it), that was the end of it. NU beating up on the pathetic Big XII North every year wasn't part of their tradition. The tradition died with the Big-8...they let Texas kill it. So now it's time to start building a new tradition. If it takes 25 or 50 years, so be it.