Collins Declares for NFL

Brouhaha

Valentine says he'll talk it over with his family over the next week.

Kevin Williams said he's considering whether or not to play next year.

I think VV is deciding on if he goes NFL or transfers and plays a final season somewhere else, most likely the SEC.

Not likely -

he will play here next year and gets drafted highly after his senior season at NU

I think VV is deciding on if he goes NFL or transfers and plays a final season somewhere else, most likely the SEC.

That would be very strange and concerning at the same time. What's the basis of this speculation?

That would be very strange and concerning at the same time. What's the basis of this speculation?

Too much eggnog during the holiday's.

There is some smoke that there is a lack of harmony between many of the DL players and Hank H., including a lack of trust. It has gone beyond mb fodder as well, I recall it being mentioned within the last 2 weeks on 1620. The thinking is that VV may be not even considering staying, rather whether or not to play another year in college as a grad transfer or go pro. Not sure how much to believe it, but there is a bit of smoke there.

Too much eggnog during the holiday's.

Blatant abuse of an apostrophe. A pox upon you.

• Fire 1

There is some smoke that there is a lack of harmony between many of the DL players and Hank H., including a lack of trust. It has gone beyond mb fodder as well, I recall it being mentioned within the last 2 weeks on 1620. The thinking is that VV may be not even considering staying, rather whether or not to play another year in college as a grad transfer or go pro. Not sure how much to believe it, but there is a bit of smoke there.

Thanks for info. A transfer to another school would be highly concerning to me unless it's for grad program purposes or to be very close to family.

Any more info on this? What is the cause of the lack of trust?

I'd sure hate to lose VV as well.

I wish I did, but a lot of it is behind paywalls that I don't subscribe to. You can find mentions to it around the boards. I also heard it referred to by Shaeffer (sp?) on Sharpe and Benning when he was filling in for Sharpe last week and co-hosting with DB. Trying to remember which segment, will post if I find it. Frankly I have always been skeptical of these types of rumors from pay sites, but when I heard it on the radio I thought it was probably worth keeping an eye on.

I wish I did, but a lot of it is behind paywalls that I don't subscribe to. You can find mentions to it around the boards. I also heard it referred to by Shaeffer (sp?) on Sharpe and Benning when he was filling in for Sharpe last week and co-hosting with DB. Trying to remember which segment, will post if I find it. Frankly I have always been skeptical of these types of rumors from pay sites, but when I heard it on the radio I thought it was probably worth keeping an eye on.
I found the radio podcast, it is Sharp and Benning's show on DEC 18th, segment 9. Schaefer wasn't co-hosting, he was the guest. The last 4 mins covers the D-Line's future and around the last portion he drops a bomb about Hughes being a really poor communicator.

Collins got a second round draft grade.

Not sure what VV got but it sounds like he's leaning towards coming back.

Hate to lost Collins. But glad to hear Valentine might be back. I hope he has a monster year and his draft stock skyrockets!

I dont understand the incentive for Valentine to leave. At best, he would probably get drafted 6th or 7th round. Stock can only go up. Rumor has it, he isn't really on the same page with Hughes.

Bo/Kaz "guy"

Valentine hopes that he can be a 4-5th round pick and do well as a 3-4 nose tackle. Then he can make good money with his 2nd contract. He already has his degree, he probably doesn't want to put another year of wear and tear in college.
  • Fire 1