DEs: Freedom, McMullen

DTs: Williams, Maurice

LB: Rose-Ivey

LB: Bando

LB: Young

CBs: Kalu, Jones

S: Gerry

S: AWill

Agree with everything on the list except for Utter. Watched him get blown up/not block anyone all year long. Very doubtful he'll be a starter

I'm with you. I don't want Utter, just not sure who's going to pass him.
  • Fire 1

I would think Thurston would be the starting center after last night.

Yeah, watching the announcers pull up replays of him getting manhandled by Clark were fun, pencil him in as the starter...
Ya, just amazing that a 320 lb second round NFL draft pick was dominating a college C with very little experience. Terrible. Smh.

That's day in, day-out in the B1G though. The B1G has 2-3 FIRST round DLine picks projected this April. If that's the talent level we put out on the field, you'll continue to see them man-handled by bigger, stronger competition. No offense to Thurston, just what we saw plain as day when he was on the field.

Yeah, watching the announcers pull up replays of him getting manhandled by Clark were fun, pencil him in as the starter...
Ya, just amazing that a 320 lb second round NFL draft pick was dominating a college C with very little experience. Terrible. Smh.

That's day in, day-out in the B1G though. The B1G has 2-3 FIRST round DLine picks projected this April. If that's the talent level we put out on the field, you'll continue to see them man-handled by bigger, stronger competition. No offense to Thurston, just what we saw plain as day when he was on the field.

Agreed

Now that the off-season is officially upon us, who do you think starts on O and D in 2016? My guesses:

OFFENSE

QB: Tommy Armstrong

RB: Devine Ozigbo

FB: ???

TE: Cethan Carter

WR: Jordan Westerkamp

WR: Stanley Morgan

OT: Nick Gates

OG: ???

C: ???

OG: ???

OT: ???

DEFENSE

DE: Freedom Akinmoladun

DT: Vincent Valentine

DT: Kevin Williams

DE: Greg McMullin

OLB: Michael Rose-Ivey

MLB: Josh Banderas

OLB: Dedrick Young / Marcus Newby

CB: Chris Jones

FS: ???

SS: Nate Gerry

CB: ???

Agreed. But I'd put Reilly at that 3rd WR slot.

I don't know that there are too many centers in college football, let alone our backup, that are taking on a DT like that one on one and dominating them. Regardless if it is the B1G, SEC, or PAC12. Even the announcers said he needed to be doubled.

It's funny that after Tommy had a good game he's now back on everyone's list as next years starter.

There have been SO many posts already giving O'Brien the job next year.

Ya, I'm still not sold on TA. The reason he looked good in the bowl game was because we didn't put him in a position to have to be the entire offense. We ran the ball the way we should have all year (bad ucla defense or not). TA reminds me of Romo. He has the skills to be really good, but if you put the game in his hands for the entire game (passing 40+ times) then decision making becomes an issue and we lose. If we put the ball into the RB's hands to control the tempo of the game and throw when we need to throw not just because Langsdorf thinks it looks cool on highlight films, then we win. TA at the end almost gave it away, with the play that he rolled BACKWARDS twice on the same play, scrambled out of the pocket and took the sack instead of throwing it away, it was proof his decision making isn't good. I would scream at the tv everytime he did that backward escape route dropping 15 yards deeper to try and avoid the sack.

If Riley and Langsdof are committed to running the type of offense we saw against UCLA, where there were designed runs for TA and his throwing was opened up because of a successful ground game, then TA should be the starter.

If they want to continue to throw upwards of 40 times a game, then we might as well take our chances with the Freshman.

It's really one way or the other

• Fire 1

OFFENSE

QB: Tommy Armstrong / Patrick O'Brien
RB: Devine Ozigbo / Terrell Newby
FB: Harrison Jordan
TE: Cethan Carter

WR: Jordan Westerkamp

WR: Brandon Reilly
WR: Stanley Morgan / Alonzo Moore

OT: Nick Gates
OG: Jerald Foster