Lane Hovey transferring to Montana

knapplc

Has anyone considered that he might very well be transferring to Montana because they have a better graduate program in his field of study? At this juncture in his collegiate career, a better grad. school should be a much higher priority than what team he plays for.

The article said he is a finance major. I could understand going to UVA, UNC Chappel Hill or Boston College. But Montana? :dunno:

Has anyone considered that he might very well be transferring to Montana because they have a better graduate program in his field of study? At this juncture in his collegiate career, a better grad. school should be a much higher priority than what team he plays for.

The article said he is a finance major. I could understand going to UVA, UNC Chappel Hill or Boston College. But Montana? :dunno:

I doubt the graduate school program had any factor in him choosing Montana. He probably wasn't going to be on scholarship next fall, and would have been well down the depth chart. He has 1 more year of eligibility, he might as well go have fun and play regularly for a FCS power in Montana.

He will probably be # 2 or 3 Wr there and catch a ton of balls. Man i liked this kid but best of luck to you Hovey..

While I have no idea what his life long career goals are, I do know quite a few people go on to grad. school in a field different than their undergrad. major. Here's a little something I found on wiki: "The University of Montana ranks 17th in the nation and fifth among public universities in producing Rhodes Scholars, with a total of 28 such scholars." Maybe this has something to do with it?

While I have no idea what his life long career goals are, I do know quite a few people go on to grad. school in a field different than their undergrad. major. Here's a little something I found on wiki: "The University of Montana ranks 17th in the nation and fifth among public universities in producing Rhodes Scholars, with a total of 28 such scholars." Maybe this has something to do with it?

I'll take "Things I would have never guessed" for 2000, Alex.

I really liked Hovey and thought he really had some potential. Darn.

Hovey is a good kid, but how much more potential can he have when he would have been a Sr. next year. It's not like he was a sophomore or junior.

This is nothing against Lane, but he was really going to be nothing more than the 4th or 5th option at WR. At Montana, he will be able to get more snaps and targets.

He interned at a firm in Lincoln this summer. Heard he was a class act.

Hovey is a good kid, but how much more potential can he have when he would have been a Sr. next year. It's not like he was a sophomore or junior.

You mean football players stop improving and reach their ceilings once their Juniors? I had no idea!

Derp.......

You mean football players stop improving and reach their ceilings once their Juniors? I had no idea!

Derp.......

It's not at all what I am saying, jackwagon. I just don't think using the term "potential" should be used for an upcoming 5th year senior.

Derp.......

It's not at all what I am saying, jackwagon. I just don't think using the term "potential" should be used for an upcoming 5th year senior.

I'll make sure to run by you what's an acceptable adjective to use next time any Junior/soon to be Sr. player is discussed there skippy.

Derp.......