Lane Hovey transferring to Montana

knapplc

I really liked Hovey and thought he really had some potential. Darn.

Hovey is a good kid, but how much more potential can he have when he would have been a Sr. next year. It's not like he was a sophomore or junior.

You mean football players stop improving and reach their ceilings once their Juniors? I had no idea!

Derp.......

That's a weird argument you're trying to start.

Hovey was going to start his Senior year the same place as last year, behind younger players.

Who would you bench to help Lane reach his potential?

By the way....whatever happened to Sam Burtch, pride of Murdock?

I really liked Hovey and thought he really had some potential. Darn.

Hovey is a good kid, but how much more potential can he have when he would have been a Sr. next year. It's not like he was a sophomore or junior.

You mean football players stop improving and reach their ceilings once their Juniors? I had no idea!

Derp.......

That's a weird argument you're trying to start.

Hovey was going to start his Senior year the same place as last year, behind younger players.

Who would you bench to help Lane reach his potential?

By the way....whatever happened to Sam Burtch, pride of Murdock?

I believe he gave up football due to injuries.

The kid came here to play football, and get a degree. He did both. Something most on this board can not claim. I am a finish what you start person, but this kid gave it his best shot. Has an opportunity to go and have a ball his final year. He knows the future is not in the NFL, but wants to play the game he loves, not ride the bench. More power to him. Thank you for all your hard effort, and kick some ass for the Grizzlies!!!

While I have no idea what his life long career goals are, I do know quite a few people go on to grad. school in a field different than their undergrad. major. Here's a little something I found on wiki: "The University of Montana ranks 17th in the nation and fifth among public universities in producing Rhodes Scholars, with a total of 28 such scholars." Maybe this has something to do with it?

I'll take "Things I would have never guessed" for 2000, Alex.
Its wiki, it has to be true, right? Well, actually not too far off.

Actually looks like they are tied for 23rd in the nation with 27 Rhodes Scholars. So, still pretty damn good and i never would have guessed.

http://www.rhodesscholar.org/winners/college-and-university-winners/

Harvard, Yale, and Princeton kind of have a nut hold on this thing.