WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been vocally pro-Nike on the grounds that they make better uniforms and recruits strongly prefer Nike gear. On the whole, I think they still do better uniforms. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama are examples of schools with good looking "classic" uniforms. Nike also tends to do a better job with uniforms that try to be more "cutting edge" such as those of Washington, VT, (previously) Miami, and Boise State. However, I do think Nike's peak popularity has passed.

Adidas' designs seem to be more "cookie cutter" style. Mississippi State's uniforms are shockingly generic for a team in the SEC. They look like what Adidas ought to churn out for a directional Michigan school. They have improved, though. I have liked Miami's Adidas outfits. I believe Adidas has finally figured out Nebraska's uniform. I really like the tops they have for us now. Crucially, they seem to have figured out how to make a well-fitting shirt. For years they went with the tight-as-possible model. I get that that is meant to give a playing advantage – less fabric that blockers etc. can hold on to. But I don't believe for a second that did much for anyone besides making them look ridiculous. When Notre Dame trotted those out in 2010 or so I about barfed.

Under Armour may possibly be an up and coming thing, and their uniforms look fine, but their apparel is garbage if you ask me. I get the ND catalog and all the new stuff looks like it was designed with Word Art. If recruits are into it, then I'd be okay with it since the actual uniforms seem to do alright. Assuming of course that there is an understanding that our uniforms are to look like Notre Dame and Auburn and not Maryland.

At this point I think I would prefer to stay with Adidas and become their true flagship program. I'd be excited about Nike as well. I don't think I would be happy about UA. Adidas could be up for a surge. Lately I have enjoyed Adidas' more maximal designs to Nike's minimalism, which is old hat.

Thanks for looking at my post about apparel providers. All this is to say, Joeseph Lewis, please come on down my friend.

Said he has a visit to Oklahoma set up and planning OVs to Oregon, Arizona and Nebraska. USC also in the mix but doesn't need an OV.

Didn't sound like he had a visit here set up for sure. Said it would either be Fresno or Oregon. But considering we're less than a week away from Fresno, I'm assuming Oregon.

Said he has a visit to Oklahoma set up and planning OVs to Oregon, Arizona and Nebraska. USC also in the mix but doesn't need an OV.

Didn't sound like he had a visit here set up for sure. Said it would either be Fresno or Oregon. But considering we're less than a week away from Fresno, I'm assuming Oregon.

playing coy for when he breaks the Internet and becomes the first 5* WR to commit to Nebraska

playing coy for when he breaks the Internet and becomes the first 5* WR to commit to Nebraska

Purify is our best commit at wr according to 247 composite I believe because he was borderline 5 star. So JL is a big time wideout who will be in the rotation in 2017 if he pledges N.

Word is the coaches are trying to get him to change his OV to a game later in the year. They want him to look more into what Nebraska has to offer rather than hanging out with the other recruits visiting and be here for some colder weather.

I wonder if that's the vibe they are getting from some of these big recruiting weekends, and they don't like it - bunch of highly recruited guys come in at the same time just to hang out and then leave.

Actually, it was HIS HS coaches that said that. Not ours. Mav missed that I think.

Makes sense with the colder weather part.

Sounds like good coaches and mentors giving him solid advice and caring about how he goes about making his decision. Like an Avery Roberts, Keyshawn, Gebbia - once he decides he'll be locked in.

Visiting for the Illinois game (October 1).

Visiting Oregon the next weekend (Washington game) and Alabama for the Auburn game.

Probably will take his last two (unknown locations) plus USC and UCLA.

Reminds me of my 6th grade crush. . She AIMed 4 or 5 of my buddies, but told me I was the dude. We ate lunch quite a few times together and held hands on the playground. A couple weeks later, she chose my buddy. I still haven't forgiven you, Bethany.
  • Fire 5