Is there a certain record you need to see next year or...

When I looked at the schedule I thought it was harder than last year since most of our difficult games are away. The first thing I want to see is no blow outs. After that I would say we need to be at least 8-4 before the bowl game. Honestly I'm hoping for better. OSU is always tough at home. The Indiana game could be a trap. I'm not as worried about our D as I am the O line. They will be young but also talented. I'm quietly hoping this D is the best since Suh's senior year. Baring injuries on the D line it should be. We need to get the turnover ratio back in our favor. O needs to stop having so many 3 and outs. Qb play absolutely has to improve.

I think we will see a very different team game one than we did last year game one. There is going to be a very different level of confidence in both the players and coaching staff as to what they are going to do and how they are going to do it.

Yes, mistakes will still be made. This team isn't perfect.

If we don't have at least 8 to 9 wins this next year I will be very disappointed. I really think their ceiling is higher than that though but that is dictated partly with things outside their control like injuries. I personally think that there are very very few teams that win 10 or more games without a big part of luck involved. Iowa last year is a prime example of that.

So, I think we should be able to get to 8-9 wins. With some luck on our side we could get higher.

How happy or excited I am about whatever the results are is largely based on things not shown in the record. What is the attitude round the program? Are the players bought in and playing hard for the coaches? Did the team improve by the end of the year again. Is recruiting going well....etc.

I'd be happy with 8-4 or 9-3, as long as our recruiting class is shaping up well.

Ideally, 10-2, but understand it is still the second year under the new regime and there are still some growing pains; however, it seems like the players are buying in and its refreshing to see Riley take steps to not be complacent with his staff.

• Fire 1

I'd be happy with 8-4 or 9-3, as long as our recruiting class is shaping up well.

Ideally, 10-2, but understand it is still the second year under the new regime and there are still some growing pains; however, it seems like the players are buying in and its refreshing to see Riley take steps to not be complacent with his staff.

:yeah Agree wt this - I think we can pull the 9-3 if Tommie doesn't have any disaster days.

Gimmies (6):

Fresno St

Wyoming

Illinois

Purdue

Minnesota

Maryland

Tricky (2):

@ NW

@ Indiana

Tough (4):

Oregon

@ Wisc

@ Ohio St

@ Iowa

8-4 would be disappointing to me even with a tough road schedule (very easy B10 home schedule). We have to go 9-3 to make it seem we took a good step forward IMO

Too many unknown and unproven players to declare anything but an average season right now. I think getting to 7-5 would be a really good season.

Confident in:

- WR/TE play

- LB play

Questions in:

- DB play

- QB play

Worried about:

- DL play

- OL play

- Running game

- Playcalling (one game vs UCLA doesn't erase last year, considering UCLA couldn't stop anyone in the run last year)

- Screen game (did we have any good screens last year, I don't recall many if any)

• Fire 3

:yeah Agree wt this - I think we can pull the 9-3 if Tommie doesn't have any disaster days.

Yeah, +1 huskerfan120889. Your post expressed my feelings as good as I could have myself. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win at least eight games. But at this stage our recruiting efforts are most important. We need to keep improving our talent levels. Performance on the field will follow.

• Fire 1

Too many unknown and unproven players to declare anything but an average season right now. I think getting to 7-5 would be a really good season.

Confident in:

- WR/TE play

- LB play

Questions in:

- DB play

- QB play

Worried about:

- DL play

- OL play

- Running game

- Playcalling (one game vs UCLA doesn't erase last year, considering UCLA couldn't stop anyone in the run last year)

- Screen game (did we have any good screens last year, I don't recall many if any)

I just don't consider 7-5 "really good". They get a pass for the crappy record last season, but really losing 5 this year would likely mean losing to Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern and Iowa. Regardless of scoreboard, that's not what we want in year 2.

• Fire 2