McMullen Taking Leave of Absence - Retiring from Football

Mcmullen and williams leaving are just two more steps towards purging the Bopityparty and Nebraskans getting our program back.

Like i said. Like i f'ing said.
Maybe McMullen wasn't a cancer like some would like to label him to fit their agenda.

Winner Winner!

A lot of us know exactly what he would have had to say to make some fans happy.

Oh man...summer youth supervisor at Boys Town...ColoradoHusker and I know a guy that is going to be thrilled about that!

I didn't know you two had a son.

Mcmullen and williams leaving are just two more steps towards purging the Bopityparty and Nebraskans getting our program back.

Like i said. Like i f'ing said.
Maybe McMullen wasn't a cancer like some would like to label him to fit their agenda.
Winner Winner!

A lot of us know exactly what he would have had to say to make some fans happy.

Oh man...summer youth supervisor at Boys Town...ColoradoHusker and I know a guy that is going to be thrilled about that!

I didn't know you two had a son.

We actually adopted a daughter together. This guy is a friend of ours.

This will go two ways.

1. Banker sounds like an ass

2. Did McMullen need his freaking hand held?

People who want to blame toxicity for last year will buck at this notion, but to a large degree, the staff needed to be recruiting its current players, which is the case during any change.

Doesn't sound like some of the coaches did a good job of that. I think others, including Riley did a good job.

The ones who didn't aren't stupid, mean or lazy. They just probably weren't thinking that way because maybe they wouldn't have needed that had they been in a player's shoes.

I think Bo was intensely communicative (or, overbearing if you want to attack him) and demanded the same from his assistants.

Going from that to a staff who is way more laid back in that way was a big shift in culture.

• Fire 3

I would think it was his position coaches job to stay in contact and to keep him informed of all the necessary goings on. It seems kind silly to expect Banker to do those things for every defensive player on the team.

Yes, players will have the closest relationship with their position coaches. But, for Banker to not have any contact or relationship with a guy who started numerous games last year is really odd, and yes I put the blame on Banker.

• Fire 4

I would think it was his position coaches job to stay in contact and to keep him informed of all the necessary goings on. It seems kind silly to expect Banker to do those things for every defensive player on the team.

I agree, plus I'm assuming Banker, along with the other coaches, had plenty on their plates the way it was. Trying to close out the last class, figure out what our existing players can/can't do, where the new guys fit in to all that and trying to fix our atrocious secondary (which did eventually get better), he probably wasn't that worried about holding the hand of a redshirt junior.