Kevin WIlliams interview

will the Bo wars ever end?

As long as some need excuses for disappointing seasons, no.
when folks quit using one bad year in a first year to legitimize 9-4, sure.

And 2012 was as close to 4-8 as 2015 was to 10-2. We may have "lost" more games last year but i would hope ppl have more hope after the way it ended than the previous four years. At least we saw progress. But id guess a person would have to watch a game and maybe think beyond wins and losses to get a geasp on that. We were never gonna play for championships in year one, 2, or probly even 3. Bo left the roster in too much a shitshow for that.

People are still hung up about Solich being canned 13 years ago. You think fans are going to be able to let Bo go after 1.5 years?

what the Bo supporters*(mod edit) wont admit is they were still-and probly ARE still using Callahan as an excuse. Where if Bo woulda recruited and managed the roster half as good as Callahan did Riley may have led to that ever impossible 9 wins that so many so deeply covet.

Edited by zoogs
c'mon, Count -- language.

As long as some need excuses for disappointing seasons, no.
when folks quit using one bad year in a first year to legitimize 9-4, sure.

And 2012 was as close to 4-8 as 2015 was to 10-2. We may have "lost" more games last year but i would hope ppl have more hope after the way it ended than the previous four years. At least we saw progress. But id guess a person would have to watch a game and maybe think beyond wins and losses to get a geasp on that. We were never gonna play for championships in year one, 2, or probly even 3. Bo left the roster in too much a shitshow for that.

...and....there's another popular excuse.

Only the Riley knobgobblers expected a championship appearance in year one. The rest of us wanted simply at least a winning season.

tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

About the time when our highly supported-and frankly full of sh#t-coach started to think everyone was against him and proceeded allow these feelings to spread across the lockerroom.

Actually, that started the year before, in 2011, at half time of the Ohio State game (not after, during Bo's postgame rant,as most Bo Haters like to believe). Here's a picture to refresh your memory:

Bo.png

This is Bo showing his disgust and waving off the "world's greatest fans" as they were booing their his team as it walked off the field. When Bo and the players pulled out a win, the Nebraska fans joyfully reclaimed his their team, but the well was already poisoned at that point, as we all know. Bo was already looking for the door.

Just a friendly reminder that year was our first year in the B1G and the week before we got EMBARRASSED on the road in Madison and we were getting embarrassed again at home by a Jim Tresseless coached Ohio State team.

Yourself and CM need to start supporting this coaching staff. You agenda is getting old and embarrassing like Bo's record against top 25 teams

• Fire 1

Just reviewing the whole "I'm not a backup thing," and found this quote below. At least one player knew him well back then.

“I mean, it is what it is. It’s a competitive game,” Rose-Ivey said. “I think the thing Kevin has to realize, a lot of us have to realize, you can’t take that stuff personally. You guys are doing your job, reporting what you got to report. I think the only thing I could tell Kevin is just prove it on the field, you know what I mean. If you feel like you can be a No. 1 guy, go get it, and that’s for anybody. … Go out there and prove it. The film doesn’t lie.”

• Fire 1

1582rfn.png

Yeah, he's really handled the situation well. I'll wait for more baseless speculation from KW's fanboys cm bowfin about how maybe he was just on his period and having a bad day. Or maybe he is taking after Johnny Manziel and thinking this type of behavior would get him drafted. Guess what, when you have to delete a tweet, you probably said something stupid.

how anyone is still defending kevin williams after his tweets is just crazy to me. you can say jp deserved it, but that's being hypocritical. there should be no place for that kind of talk.

everyone needs to just move on. let it go. if you don't think he was taking parting shots at the school and the current staff in his interview, that's fine. at the very least, those tweets should show you the kind of person he is. and that has nothing to do with what JP has ever said or done.

Bottomline, he's gone, thankfully. goodbye. surely there are better things about nebraska football to discuss than this.

• Fire 1

The thing about Jason Peter is that he is so passionate about Nebraska (state and school) and that is what I respect about him. He wants Nebraska to be great again and he has their best interest at heart. He is just like most of us on this board. What Jason Peter said was accurate about the mindset of a blackshirt. You could see last year players not giving 100%. BYU hail mary, watch it again and tell me if the safety gave 100% on that play. KW response to JP was low and uncalled for. Sad.