B1G and Fox close to Media Rights Agreement

Uh.........not sure about this. I remember having games on Fox channels when we were in the Little 12. They were pretty bad productions.

I like the Fox telecasts that have been done recently.

You must be a Joe Buck fan then. Me, not so much. Can't stand the guy and it will hurt my ears if I have to listen to him do our games.

I don't think Buck would be doing many, if any, college games since he'll be doing MLB until the World Series is over and NFL until January

I'm not a Joe Buck fan, but I like how FOX and FS1 televise games. I do really like Joel Klatt though. He is a sharp dude.

Traitor!

Uh.........not sure about this. I remember having games on Fox channels when we were in the Little 12. They were pretty bad productions.

Aw the nostalgic memories of their catchy outro tune and my father cussing at the tv during KSUx and aTm games...

6 years and $250M/year to carry half the B1G's available media rights package (~25 football and 50 basketball games). About $18M/school annually. Starting in 2018.

USATODAY SOURCE: We’ll see where the final numbers come out, but it seems almost certain that Big Ten schools will soon be banking more than $30 million per year — a number that doesn’t even include what the conference makes off the Big Ten Network and digital rights. When it’s all said and done, it could be a $40 million distribution.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2016/04/19/big-ten-jim-delany-new-deal-stunningly-big-deal/83247570/

Another reason to leave Bevo conference.

That's serious money and represents only half of the rights. Delany is a rock star. He had a plan which many questioned (adding like adding Maryland and Rutgers, over other perceived "better" candidates), and delivered. It will likely result in a 40 mil pay out each year for each team, and allows for future moves.

I also agree that having competition for ESPN is a good thing for all.

I'm not sure that this means an end to the 11:00 am games like people hope. From what I have read, this seems like a continuation of our current package...just with a bump in payout. ESPN can/will still negotiate for the right to broadcast the 3rd or 4th best game that week. Which will on occasion be our beloved Huskers.

"First, though, lets break down the numbers. If Ourands reporting is accurate, the Big Ten will sell half of its rights package to Fox for up to $250 million per year which would divide out to a cool $17.86 million per school. And thats with the other half still up for bid to ESPN, CBS, NBC or whomever."

- http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2016/04/19/big-ten-jim-delany-new-deal-stunningly-big-deal/83247570/