The General Election

For all the talk about people clamoring for the anti-Obama, a third term Obama would crush Trump in this election.

Should we make the Repubs worst fear come true and give it to him? Amend the constitution!!!

Why would Obama try to amend the constitution when he can just issue an executive order?

Yeah he needs quite a few more of those; he's still behind Bush II and Regan.

bnilhome knows this. He just conveniently ignores it whenever someone shows the numbers.

It's not about the volume of executive orders but the extent at which Obama has tried to usurp the Constitution. Numbers don't always tell the story. Obama is more willing to push the limits on executive orders than his predecessors. As for numbers, I responded to your other thread with plenty of data showing that Obama has grown the national debt more than his predecessors, and that the projected growth from his policies is going to further expand the debt. I also showed that labor participation rate is lower under Obama than any POTUS since the late 1970s, but I guess you choose to look at your own numbers. :)

Numbers always tell the stories. #9wins. Haha

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/740657483417563136

From like two weeks ago:

I'm as worried about who comes after Trump, in his footsteps, as I am about a Trump presidency. There's a market for demagoguery in America, Trump is showing that very clearly. When you elect demagogues, you get dictators. History is rife with examples of that.

As I've stated before, this election is about the worse of two evils. On the one hand you have a bully and blowhard outside the political system that has a history of getting results. On the other hand you have a pathological liar who has spent her career inside the system and has little to show for it. Both candidates are deeply flawed when it comes to their character, and the election will come down to whether Americans want an insider or outsider.

That's the thing. What you see on TV and what the media advertises about Trump isn't who he is. There have been countless people who have come forward who have either worked for Trump, worked with him, or been around him, and all of them that I've heard have said that he's one of the most generous, respectful people they've ever met. I tend to listen to those opinions about a persons character before I would ever listen to someone in the media, or a career politician.

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

From like two weeks ago:

I'm as worried about who comes after Trump, in his footsteps, as I am about a Trump presidency. There's a market for demagoguery in America, Trump is showing that very clearly. When you elect demagogues, you get dictators. History is rife with examples of that.

As I've stated before, this election is about the worse of two evils. On the one hand you have a bully and blowhard outside the political system that has a history of getting results. On the other hand you have a pathological liar who has spent her career inside the system and has little to show for it. Both candidates are deeply flawed when it comes to their character, and the election will come down to whether Americans want an insider or outsider.

That's the thing. What you see on TV and what the media advertises about Trump isn't who he is. There have been countless people who have come forward who have either worked for Trump, worked with him, or been around him, and all of them that I've heard have said that he's one of the most generous, respectful people they've ever met. I tend to listen to those opinions about a persons character before I would ever listen to someone in the media, or a career politician.

I prefer to make my own educated decision based on what I see and what I read about in unbiased sources. And on top of that - My gut. Which has been right (not a placebo controlled trial) at least 95% of the time. Not on the supposed rumbles of people who may or may not have met the man behind closed doors on a good day. Why would you think that after he's elected suddenly we'll see this alter ego Trump? The worst in people comes out in stressful times, and it won't get less stressful for him if elected. I can't understand valuing someones opinion, (who you don't know from a hole in the wall) over documented instances and what you can see if you turn on a television or computer. If your mom or your 2nd grade teacher said she'd met him and he was wonderful that's one thing, but random folks - none of which will stand up and say it proudly? Nope.

PS, my uncles friend's cousin met Mother Theresa and said she was an absolute loud mouth bully. It's true. One of the other nuns that lived with her said it too. My mechanic told me his neighbor told him so.

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

From like two weeks ago:

I prefer to make my own educated decision based on what I see and what I read about in unbiased sources. And on top of that - My gut. Which has been right (not a placebo controlled trial) at least 95% of the time. Not on the supposed rumbles of people who may or may not have met the man behind closed doors on a good day. Why would you think that after he's elected suddenly we'll see this alter ego Trump? The worst in people comes out in stressful times, and it won't get less stressful for him if elected. I can't understand valuing someones opinion, (who you don't know from a hole in the wall) over documented instances and what you can see if you turn on a television or computer. If your mom or your 2nd grade teacher said she'd met him and he was wonderful that's one thing, but random folks - none of which will stand up and say it proudly? Nope.

PS, my uncles friend's cousin met Mother Theresa and said she was an absolute loud mouth bully. It's true. One of the other nuns that lived with her said it too. My mechanic told me his neighbor told him so.

Don't forget there are also people that worked for him that said he made them uncomfortable about their weight, people in his own campaign who said he won't listen to reason, and don't forget about the hundreds of contractors that have negative comments on Trump's ability to pay for their work.

His past girlfriends, who lived a lavish lifestyle I'm sure, and people who work for Trump that fit his personal tastes have glowing reviews of him. But I'm not interested in "hanging out" with Trump on a personal level or working for Trump Organization, my only relationship with him will be through the public. And his "public persona" comes across as baffoonish (is that a word?).

• Fire 1

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

From like two weeks ago:

He gets results, alright. Good and bad.

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!https://twitter.com/AP/status/740657483417563136

From like two weeks ago:

Why would I not take into account people who have worked along side him and say that he is one of the most respectful, generous people they have ever met? The best example would be from all the women in the smear article from the NYT. They were all quoted out of context, and they all came out and said nothing but good things about him.

On top of that, I look at how much his family loves and respects him, and how well he has raised them to be successful business people as well. Ivanka especially is an extremely impressive individual.

Finally, the stresses? Really? He has been in high pressure situations his whole life and made out pretty well. I have absolutely zero concern about him handling stress.

From like two weeks ago:

Why would I not take into account people who have worked along side him and say that he is one of the most respectful, generous people they have ever met? The best example would be from all the women in the smear article from the NYT. They were all quoted out of context, and they all came out and said nothing but good things about him.

On top of that, I look at how much his family loves and respects him, and how well he has raised them to be successful business people as well. Ivanka especially is an extremely impressive individual.

Finally, the stresses? Really? He has been in high pressure situations his whole life and made out pretty well. I have absolutely zero concern about him handling stress.

Yeah.....his wives love and respect him so much they didn't want to be married to him anymore.

• Fire 1

From like two weeks ago:

Yeah.....his wives love and respect him so much they didn't want to be married to him anymore.

Who knows what the story is there? Frankly, it's none of our business. Most people wouldn't know, but there is added stress to a marriage when one or both of the spouses is building a business, and in this case, multiple businesses.

It's awfully easy to sit on the sideline and criticize, but fact of the matter is, very few people would have been able to accomplish what he has throughout his life.

From like two weeks ago:

Who knows what the story is there? Frankly, it's none of our business. Most people wouldn't know, but there is added stress to a marriage when one or both of the spouses is building a business, and in this case, multiple businesses.

It's awfully easy to sit on the sideline and criticize, but fact of the matter is, very few people would have been able to accomplish what he has throughout his life.

So we should leave what happens between a man and wife out of politics? Noted.

From like two weeks ago:

Who knows what the story is there? Frankly, it's none of our business. Most people wouldn't know, but there is added stress to a marriage when one or both of the spouses is building a business running the country, and in this case, multiple businesses the entire free world.

Memo-

Re: Clintons

To: Trump/GOP

Here's the thing Shark. Trump has people in his past that claim he is generous, honorable, and a great man. There are also people that despise him. The same goes for Hillary, she has people that can't speak well enough about her, and also a bunch of detractors. If you are relying on what others think of them as "private people" then you are going to be chasing your tail until November.

These two are running very public campaigns in totally different fashions. They are giving you every opportunity to view first hand how they handle people, interviewers, and public policy. There is and will be plenty of evidence to allow you to form your own opinion. Relying on testimony of friends and family about candidates is pointless.

• Fire 3