The General Election

Fox News Poll: Clinton extends lead over Trump

Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by six points, 44% to 38%, in a Fox News poll of registered voters released Wednesday, marking an uptick from similar polls released in May and June.

The Fox News results follow a rough patch for the Trump campaign: In May, the presumptive Republican nominee enjoyed a three-point lead in the same survey. But by early June, those numbers had flipped, with Clinton jumping out to a 42% to 39% advantage.

CNN's Poll of Polls -- an average of results for the five most recent publicly released national polls that meet CNN's standards for publication -- has Clinton leading Trump 46% to 40%.

LINK

• Fire 1

... as well as how much worse off we are regarding terrorism...

You keep saying this (and pointing out only ISIS growth). Is that just completely forgetting about 9/11?

Nobody will ever forget 9/11. That was our wakeup call and really the worlds wake-up call to take terrorism more seriously. After that event, Bush openly stated that keeping our country safe would be the primary focus of his presidency, and it was. Per Obamas CIA director Isis was decimated when Bush left office and has since grown by 4400%. Obamas strategy appears to be completely reactive with a few targeted air strikes like we saw yesterday as a counter measure. We have to be aggressive and relentless and never let up.

What are we doing???

It has been since April or early May really that anything meaningful has happened in the Primaries. This whole thing started February 1st with the Iowa Caucuses. So....now we sit. Sure...June 7th we had a few primaries like California but the outcome had pretty much been determined. Heck, it's not even clear if and when Colorado and are going to hold them.

LINK

The political conventions don't start till July 18th. Why????

This primary process is total BS and most of it is just an exercise in futility for most Americans.

This primary process is total BS and most of it is just an exercise if futility for most Americans.

Agreed. This whole process needs to be shortened. We need to ban politicians from campaigning longer than two months before the election. They spend so much of their time trying to get in or stay in office that they don't get any governing done.

Bnilhome-

You need to update that 4400% you keep throwing out.

It's currently closer to a growth of 3500% (4400 = 700 to 31000, 3500 = 700 to 25000)

That isn't to say dramatic growth didn't happen under Obama's time in office, but it is also dishonest to say the US isn't doing anything. ISIS numbers are shrinking, territory is being taken back by the Iraqi army; sadly many people think this is why there is and will be an uptick in random attacks around the world. Fighters are leaving the failing "caliphate" and taking their fight home with them. We are physically fighting what we can, but this war is going to be won by intelligence (focusing on ISIS recruiting, finances, weapon supply). As far as keeping American civilians safe, it will be a war the public won't see, so many will assume nothing is being done.

Back to the growth under Obama. The only thing that Obama could have pushed for (hindsight being 20/20) was to keep a strong military presence in Iraq and swiftly toppling the Syrian govt and have a large presence there also. I don't honestly know if that would have been a better alternative.

Nobody will ever forget 9/11. That was our wakeup call and really the worlds wake-up call to take terrorism more seriously. After that event, Bush openly stated that keeping our country safe would be the primary focus of his presidency, and it was. Per Obamas CIA director Isis was decimated when Bush left office and has since grown by 4400%. Obamas strategy appears to be completely reactive with a few targeted air strikes like we saw yesterday as a counter measure. We have to be aggressive and relentless and never let up.

Only focusing on ISIS specifically is a handy little rhetoric tool to slam the current administration, since it ignores every other Middle-Eastern terrorist group over the last 16 years, and also the escalating tensions brought on by the worst foreign policy decision in modern history in the Iraq War.

I think that's a smart choice on her part. The midwest was less favorable to Trump in the primaries and Ben Sasse has been one of the leaders in the #NeverTrump campaign. The 2nd district was also one of the few districts to go from red to blue in the 2014 midterms.

One rule of thumb I've always had.

If someone has to constantly tell me how smart or how great they are....well....I'm not buying it.

Or focus on how bad someone is (as Obama pointed out his entire first term about Bush), I'm not buying that either. There is no need for any politician to put others down to make themselves appear better.

You must be thinking of your generic libtards.

Obama generally avoided blaming the Bush administration and quickly established a good ongoing rapport with both George W. and Poppy Bush.

It actually drove liberals crazy how Obama refused to go into attack mode. He's gotten a little better at it in his lame duck status.

Unlike most recent outgoing Presidents, Obama could be a huge asset to his party in the general election.

• Fire 1

One rule of thumb I've always had.

If someone has to constantly tell me how smart or how great they are....well....I'm not buying it.

Or focus on how bad someone is (as Obama pointed out his entire first term about Bush), I'm not buying that either. There is no need for any politician to put others down to make themselves appear better.

Soooo......now we have a candidate that has basically risen to the level he has by demeaning and belittling his opponents by calling them names and making fun of them. Heck....while we are at it....he even made fun of a handicapped reporter in a news conference.

But....hey.....he's fit for office...right?

Only focusing on ISIS specifically is a handy little rhetoric tool to slam the current administration, since it ignores every other Middle-Eastern terrorist group over the last 16 years, and also the escalating tensions brought on by the worst foreign policy decision in modern history in the Iraq War.

No kidding.

That 4400% number sure sounds awful until you take five minutes to understand recent Mideast history.

And put the number into context.

And question its accuracy to begin with.

And consider the alternative courses of action.

And the unintended consequences, like those that created ISIS in the first place.

Or you can just keep repeating it as though it proves something.

• Fire 5