The General Election

Are you trying to claim that the lack of voters going to the booth in this election is some how the Republican's fault?

i'll claim that, at least to an extent.

The insidious decision by the (conservative majority) Supreme Court to eviscerate the Voting Rights Act is absolute bullsh#t and decidedly un-democratic.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-election-day-2016-how-did-the-weakened-voting-rights-act-1478670026-htmlstory.html

• Fire 6

Polls were a real disaster this time around. Only the Los Angeles Times/USC survey and one from IBD/TIPP really got it right. Also, the political commentators pretty much got it wrong. In those cases, I think it was a conclusion looking for evidence. Over sampling and basing polling models on the 2012 election. I'm not a pollster and I know it isn't an exact science but so many were so off.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/305133-pollsters-suffer-huge-embarrassment

The final University of Virginia Center for Politics model had Clinton winning 322 electoral votes to 216 for Trump, with Clinton winning Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — all states that she lost.

Liberals lashed out at data guru Nate Silver for giving Trump a 35 percent chance of victory heading into Election Day, claiming he was putting his thumb on the scale for Trump by making the race appear closer than it was.

The rest of the polls showed Clinton with leads of between 2 and 6 points, boosting the Democrat to a 3.3-point national lead in the RealClearPolitics average.

Religion is the elephant in the room, and will have to be analyzed in the post mortem of this election.

Please explain. Thanks I'm not understanding your point.

I'm going to be AFK for a while. Remind me of this next week and I'll talk more. It's a decent/big explanation.

I marked it on my calendar - have a good break from the keyboard.

Polls were a real disaster this time around. Only the Los Angeles Times/USC survey and one from IBD/TIPP really got it right.

Not really. LAT/USC had T+3 and IBD had T+2. When in reality Hillary will win by ~1 point when CA is finished counting.

Marist had C+1 and Google had C+2. Those look to be the closest.

Hillary lost because the Obama voters didn't show in MI, WI, and PA.

Hillary will probably top 61M votes after west coast is done, but damn did Obama voters not show up

And that is pitiful. That jsut shows how damn smoke and mirrors the real liberal cause is. it's all fine and dandy to ridicule this and protest that. But when it's time to use my right, and truly stand on my principles with the most powerful weapon and loudest voice we citizens are granted, they wither like a rotten tomato and have nothing to do with it. It's sad really. See Colin Kaepernick. See the write ins for Harambe. The snarky "i wrote in such and such" lol Your loss. When you dont take this right seriously, you have surrendered your right to be upset with the outcome. Its' that simple.

Polls were a real disaster this time around. Only the Los Angeles Times/USC survey and one from IBD/TIPP really got it right.

Not really. LAT/USC had T+3 and IBD had T+2. When in reality Hillary will win by ~1 point when CA is finished counting.

Marist had C+1 and Google had C+2. Those look to be the closest.

Hillary lost because the Obama voters didn't show in MI, WI, and PA.

That happens when you proudly state that you are going to put those people out of work. Then you don't even go to those states to campaign because she already thought she had them won.

Wouldn't it be interesting if all of a sudden evidence came out that Russia was successful in hacking our election system and changed the results for Trump to win?

wouldnt it be interesting if it came out our own FBI, DOJ, and DOD were actually responsible for the wikileaks cuz they too are sick of the bullsh#t and wanted to all they could to make sure Trump would win?