OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

Tom picked Frank. Frank killed the golden goose.

Blaming Perlman or even Pedey for the decline is misplaced. NU's decline rests on Frank and also Tom for insisting on FS.

When things go south it is the norm, not the exception, that things aren't quickly and fully repaired. OU. ND. Mich. Bama. USC. ALL TEAMS have gone south and they usually do NOT return quickly.

Perlman says Pedey had a wow hired lined up. Guy backed out. So Pedey shares blame with Mr. coldfeet on NU's ?? decision to fire Frank without a locked in upgrade replacement (but coaches are usually fired without a locked in upgrade replacement btw since locked in means contract signed).

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

What matters most about UNL is education. Period.

• Fire 1

Guy, those posts, from the same two sets of days (well after day 1), don't say what you claim they say. Other than the frost one I already mentioned.

Is that all you got?

I have in my hands a sealed envelope predicting exactly what you'd say when confronted with yourself.

If you had a flicker of introspection or humor, you might be entertaining.

But it's really a lose/lose for everybody.

Say, speaking of past results predicting future performance, when do you expect to get kicked off yet another Nebraska fan site?

Honestly I'm surprised he has lasted this long here.

• Fire 1

Guy, those posts, from the same two sets of days (well after day 1), don't say what you claim they say. Other than the frost one I already mentioned.

Is that all you got?

I have in my hands a sealed envelope predicting exactly what you'd say when confronted with yourself.

If you had a flicker of introspection or humor, you might be entertaining.

But it's really a lose/lose for everybody.

Say, speaking of past results predicting future performance, when do you expect to get kicked off yet another Nebraska fan site?

Honestly I'm surprised he has lasted this long here.

Have you quit BRB yet?

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

I'd put research above that.

I'd put research above that.

money is above all of those

It wasn't hard to see at the time either. TO got a lot of sh#t for it from pretty much everyone outside of Husker Nation.

There is this notion that TO should be put on a pedestal because of what he accomplished on the field and that the questionable actions he was apart of should be ignored. I cheered for TO back then and think he is a great coach and a great person, he just has some skeletons in his closet like everyone else and he should be judged like everyone else also.

• Fire 1

Truly, the clueless part about this is people believing Osborne handled Phillips in order to help him through the structure of football. And not because he wanted to win games.

If Osborne really believed this, he could have re-instated Phillips and NOT played him at all the rest of the season. But instead he did the opposite. He claims the team took a vote. Like his hands were tied to what the players wanted.

bullsh#t.

He played LP because it was the best way for him to showcase that he was worthy of a 1st round pick in the draft so he could dump him to a pro team and let him be their headache.

If you don't see that, then there is no help for you.

I was going to step out of this thread. But two of you really need to go back and look at the facts.

TO told LP that if he did A, B and C, he'd have a chance to be reinstated/play. Most of that involved staying out of additional trouble, attending counseling and staying up in school.

When LP achieved those goals, should TO have welched because it would have been the politically expedient thing to do?

No.

• Fire 2